Develop a fully functional Real-time and Dynamic Android application using the latest features of Firebase
- An up to date guide with all the latest tools in Firebase ML-Kit, FireStore and Firebase Predictions.
- An Indepth Guide on building Android Applications with Realtime feature using Firebase
- Make your app grow into a global success with the help of Google Analytics and AdMob.
Firebase offers a wide spectrum of tools and services to develop high-quality apps in a short period of time. It helps in building web and mobile apps quickly without managing the infrastructure.
This book takes you through the complete toolchain of Firebase. Including the Latest tools announced in Google IO 2018 such as Firebase ML-Kit, FireStore and Firebase Predictions.
You begin by configuring your development environment with Firebase and going through its most popular feature such as the realtime database. Then, you will setup the authentication feature in Android, and explore email and phone authentication for managing the onboarding of users. We will cover topics on Firebase crash reporting, Firebase functions, Firebase Cloud, Firebase Hosting, Cloud Messaging for push notifications and so on. You will also learn how to use Firebase Test Lab to test your application and then use Firebase Performance Monitoring to trace performance setbacks.
By the end of the book, you will be well equipped with the Firebase ecosystem which will help you combine them and find solutions to your common application development challenges.
What you will learn
- Learn Firebase Push notifications and Writing backend functionalities using Functions.
- Identify the root cause of application crash and diagnose and fix the bugs
- Store different mime type files ranging from photographs to videos on Firebase cloud storage
- Explore web hosting and connect the firebase functions to the host website
- Send push notifications and understand the deep integration of analytics tools and cohorts
- Marketize and monetize your application using Firebase Adwords and Admob.
- Build a secure authentication framework while enhancing the sign-in and onboarding experience for end users
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone looking to extend their skills with Firebase and build faster, scalable and real-time mobile applications. Understanding of the basic Android programming is required. In all, this indepth guide provides a smooth pathway to mastering Firebase.