Modern Python Standard Library Cookbook
Build optimized applications in Python by learning how to smartly implement the standard libraries
- Strategic recipes for effective Python development using the standard libraries
- Cutting edge techniques to yield high performance from applications
- Best practices for developing readily scalable production-ready applications
Python 3's Standard Library is an ocean of modules that developers can use for various kinds of application development. Given the exhaustive list of libraries, how do you choose the best one to solve your programming needs? This book will show you how you can address specific programming problems in Python using the standard libraries effectively.
The book begins with recipes on containers and data structures and how to perform effective text management in Python. You will find recipes for command line operations, networking, file systems and directories, and concurrent execution. You will learn about security essentials in Python and various development tools for debugging, benchmarking, inspection, error reporting, code evacuation, and tracing. The book covers recipes on graphical user interfaces, multimedia, date and time, and mathematical functions and algorithms.
By the end of the book you will have acquired the skills to write clean codes in Python that meets your team's expectations.
What you will learn
- Store multiple values per key in associative containers
- Create interactive character based user interfaces
- Working with native time and displaying data according to your timezone
- Read/write SGML family languages, both as a SAX and DOM parser to suite various needs and file sizes
- Group equivalent items using Itertools and sorted features together
- Use partials to create unary functions out of multi-arguments functions
- Implement hashing algorithms to store passwords in a safe way
Who This Book Is For
This book is well suited for a developer who wants to write highly responsive, manageable, scalable, and resilient code in Python. Prior programming knowledge in Python is expected to make the most out of the book.