Practical Network Scanning
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2018-05-23
- 售價: $1,477
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,403
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 326
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1788839234
- ISBN-13: 9781788839235
Get More from your Network by securing its infrastructure and increasing its effectiveness.
- Learn to choose the network scanning toolset, best-fit for your system
- Implementing different concepts of network scanning such as port scanning, OS detection and so on.
- A practical approach towards securing your network.
Network scanning is a process of assessing the network for identifying active host network, which will either be an attacker or a medium for security assessment. This procedure plays an extremely vital role in risk assessment programs or while preparing a security plan for your organization.
The book will initially start with the concept of network scanning, how an organization can benefit out of it. Then going forward, we will deep dive into different steps of scanning such as port and firewall detection, TCP/IP port detection, OS detection. We will also implement these concepts using few of the most prominent tools in the market such as Nessus, Nmap and so on. Towards the end of the book, we will understand how to prepare a complete risk assessment plan for your organization.
By the end of this book, you will have hands-on experience in performing network scanning using different tools and choosing the best tool for your system.
What you will learn
- Get acquainted with the overall strategy for security architecture design to accomplish an effective security posture.
- Learn the vital security aspects which need to keep in mind before moving to Cloud.
- Launch secure applications with the help of Web Application Security and SQL Injection.
- Know the basic of Threat detection and response to mitigate with important use cases.
- Overview and Integration principles for PKI and tips to secure it.
- Design a WAN infrastructure and ensure security over public WAN.
Who This Book Is For
If you are security professional who is responsible for securing an organization's infrastructure then this book is for you.