Mastering pfSense 2.4: Master the art of managing, securing, and monitoring your on-premises and Cloud network using the powerful pfSense 2.4.3
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2018-05-09
- 售價: $2,000
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,900
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 450
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1788993179
- ISBN-13: 9781788993173
Install and configure a pfSense router/firewall, and become a pfSense expert in the process.
- You can always do more to secure your software - so extend and customize your pfSense firewall
- Build a high availability security system that's fault-tolerant - and capable of blocking any threats
- Put the principles of better security into practice - unlock a more stable and reliable firewall
pfSense has the same reliability and stability as even the most popular commercial firewall offerings on the market - but, like the very best open-source software, it doesn't limit you. You're in control - you can exploit and customize pfSense around your security needs.
If you're familiar with pfSense you probably knew that already. Mastering pfSense 2.4, Second Edition will be your stepping stone to exploring all the new features of the latest pfSense, including those released in the latest 2.4 version. This book builds on any knowledge you may already have and provides you with a clear route to expand your skills and pfSense's capabilities. You'll learn how to customize and configure pfSense to construct a firewall that can protect you from any potential security threats. Find out how to set up a VPN, and build a high-availability system that provides redundancy and fault tolerance - essential when security and software performance are so interdependent. With 2.4.3 coming into the picture you will learn to provide solutions on cloud and features that may only be relevant to the most experienced network admins.
With further guidance on how to use a diverse range of third-party packages - all of which will help you unlock more from pfSense, this book covers everything you need - and more - to get a high-quality, reliable firewall up and running for a fraction of the cost.
What You Will Learn
- Configure pfSense services such as DHCP, Dynamic DNS, captive portal, DNS, NTP and SNMP
- Set up a managed switch to work with VLANs
- Implement Network Address Translation (NAT), including static NAT, dynamic NAT, and port forwarding
- Use pfSense to allow, block and deny traffic
- Make use of the traffic shaper to lower and raise the priority of certain types of traffic
- Understanding of when and how to implement multiple WANs.
- Set up and connect to a VPN tunnel with pfSense
- Incorporate redundancy and high availability by utilizing load balancing and the Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP)
- Explore diagnostic tools in pfSense to solve network problems
Who This Book Is For
SysAdmins and security pros - get more from the world's leading firewall with this book. You can always do more to secure your software, so start here.