Hands-On Kotlin for Enterprise Applications using Java EE: Build highly scalable Enterprise Applications with Kotlin
Raghavendra Rao K
Develop your Enterprise Applications in Kotlin and learn how Kotlin makes Java EE applications easier to code
- An in-depth guide updated with all the latest features of Kotlin and Java EE 8
- Build microservices in Java EE with the help of Kotlin use cases
- Learn best practices and design patterns to architect scalable enterprise applications using Java EE and Kotlin
Kotlin was developed with the aim of solving programmers' difficulties and operational challenges. Kotlin for Enterprise Applications using Java EE is all about making Kotlin and Java EE work in unison to build enterprise-grade applications. Together with the Java EE API, Kotlin can be used to create services of any size with just a few lines of code and gives you the ability to focus on business logic.
This book begins with a brief tour of Kotlin and what makes it so popular these days, followed by an introduction to Kotlin in the Java EE environment. You will then learn how to build real-world applications using Java Persistence API (JPA) and Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) and develop microservices and web services using Kotlin. As you make your way through the chapters, you'll use various performance and monitoring tools for your Java EE application and see how they work with Kotlin to optimize real-world applications. At each step along the way, you will deal with how easy it is to develop enterprise application in Kotlin.
By the end of this book, you will have learned best practices and design patterns of Java EE and be able to implement them using Kotlin.
What you will learn
- Understand Kotlin syntax and know why it's gaining in popularity
- Explore Java EE ecosystem and recognize the APIs present in Java EE
- Implement Java EE applications using Kotlin
- Discover the challenges faced when using Kotlin with Java
- Build RESTful web services using Kotlin and secure web applications
- Learn Java Message Services (JMS) and build microservices using Kotlin
- Optimize web applications with performance and monitoring tools
- Learn about design patterns in Java EE and implement them using Kotlin
Who This Book Is For
Kotlin for Enterprise Applications using Java EE is for Java EE developers who want to build their enterprise project or application with Kotlin or migrate from Java to Kotlin. Basic knowledge of programming is necessary.