Hands-On Enterprise Automation with Python: Automate common administrative and security tasks with the most popular language Python
Write your own Python scripts to automate system tasks.
- Make the most of Python libraries and modules to automate your infrastructure.
- Leverage Python programming to automate server configuration and administration tasks.
- Efficiently develop your python skill set making it an alternate automation tool.
This book will start with giving you a fair idea about the modules, libraries, and the tools we will be using and how to setup a python environment to perform automation tasks. Then this book will cover examples on network automation tasks using simple python programs and Ansible. Next, this book will cover about automating administration tasks with Python Fabric, where you will learn to perform server configuration and administration along with System administration tasks (like User management, database management, process management). Later, this book will also teach you to automate several testing services with Python scripts. Moving ahead, this book will also teach you to perform automation tasks on virtual machines and the cloud infrastructure with python. Towards the end, this book will cover python-based offensive security tools and how you can automate your security tasks.
By the end of this book, you will master the skills of automating several system administration tasks with Python.
What you will learn
- Understand common libraries in Python
- Manage Python Network Devices
- Running System Administration Tasks with Fabric
- Running Python scripts and write Ansible modules in Python
- Process and Database management
- Manage Virtual Machines
- Cloud Automation and Python tools
- Security Automation in Python
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator or devops engineer who is looking for an alternative from major automation frameworks like Puppet and Chef, then this book is for you. Some basic programming knowledge with Python and Linux shell scripting would be necessary.