Vuex Quick Start Guide: Centralized State Management for your Vue.js applications
Develop consistent web apps with Vuex by easily centralizing the state of your application
- Uncover the hidden features of Vuex to build applications that are powerful, consistent, and maintainable
- Enforce a Flux-like application architecture in your Vue application
- Test your Vuex elements and Vue components using Karma/Jasmine testing framework
State management preserves the state of controls in a user interface. Vuex is a state management tool for Vue.js that makes the architecture easier to understand, maintain and evolve. This book is the easiest way to get started with Vuex to improve your Vue.js application architecture and overall user experience.
Our book begins by explaining the problem that Vuex solves, and how it helps your applications. You will learn about the Vuex core concepts, including the Vuex store, changing application state, carrying out asynchronous operations and persisting state changes, all with an eye to scalability.
You will learn how to test Vuex elements and Vue components with the Karma and Jasmine testing frameworks. You will see this in the context of a testing first approach, following the fundamentals of Test Driven Development. TDD will help you to identify which components need testing and how to test them. You will build a full Vuex application by creating the application components and services, and persist the state.
Vuex comes with a plugin system that allows programmers to extend Vuex features. You will learn about some of the most powerful plugins, and make use of the built-in logger plugin. You write a custom Google Analytics plugin to send actions to its analytics API, and an Undo/Redo plugin.
What you will learn
- Moving from classical MVC to a Flux-like architecture
- Implementing predictable centralized state management in your applications using Vuex
- Using ECMAScript 6 features for developing a real application
- Using webpack in conjunction with Vue single file components
- Testing your Vue/Vuex applications using Karma/Jasmine and inject-loader
- Simple and effective Test Driven Development
- Extending your application with Vuex plugins
Who This Book Is For
Table of Contents
- Rethinking User Interfaces with Flux, Vue and Vuex
- Implementing Flux architecture with Vuex
- Setting Up Development and Test Environment
- Coding the EveryNote App Using Vuex State Management
- Debugging Vuex Applications
- Using the Vuex plugin system