Hands-On IoT Solutions with Blockchain: Discover how converging IoT and blockchain can help you build effective solutions
Maximiliano Santos, Enio Moura
Integrate an end-to-end logistic chain using IBM Blockchain and IoT platforms
- Explore practical implementation of ledger technology in the IoT architecture
- Study security best practices for your smart devices
- Understand Blockchain implementation for end-to-end IoT solutions
Blockchain has been the hot topic of late thanks to cryptocurrencies. To make matters more interesting, the financial market is looking for ways to reduce operational costs and generate new business models, and this is where blockchain solutions come into the picture. In addition to this, with Internet of Things (IoT) trending and Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and other devices flooding the market, you can now create cheap devices even at home.
Hands-On IoT Solutions with Blockchain starts with an overview of IoT concepts in the current business scenario. It then helps you develop your own device on the IBM Watson IoT platform and create your fi rst IoT solution using Watson and Intel Edison.Once you are familiar with IoT, you will learn about Blockchain technology and its use cases. You will also work with the Hyperledger framework and develop your own Blockchain network. As you progress through the chapters, you'll work with problem statements and learn how to design your solution architecture so that you can create your own integrated Blockchain and IoT solution.
The next set of chapters will explain how to implement end-to-end Blockchain solutions with IoT using the IBM Cloud platform. By the end of this book, you will have mastered the convergence of IoT and Blockchain technology and exploited the best practices and drivers to develop a bulletproof integrated solution.
What you will learn
- Understand the key roles of IoT in the current market
- Study the different aspects of IBM Watson IoT platform
- Create devices, gateways, and applications connected to the platform
- Explore the fundamentals of Blockchain
- Define good use cases for Blockchain
- Discover the Hyperledger Fabric and Composer frameworks
- Develop an IBM Watson IoT application using a Intel Edison
- Integrate IoT with the Blockchain platform
Who this book is for
Hands-On IoT Solutions with Blockchain is for you if you are an Internet of Things (IoT) analyst, architect, engineer, or any stakeholder responsible for security mechanisms on an IoT infrastructure. This book is also for IT professionals who want to start developing solutions using Blockchain and IoT on the IBM Cloud platform. Basic understanding of IoT will assist you in understanding key concepts covered in the book.
Table of Contents
- Understanding IoT and Developing Devices on the IBM Watson IoT Platform
- Creating Your First IoT Solution
- Explaining Blockchain Technology and Working with Hyperledger
- Creating Your Own Blockchain Network
- Addressing Food Safety - Building around the Blockchain
- Designing the Solution Architecture
- Creating Your Blockchain and IoT Solution
- The IoT, Blockchain, and Industry 4.0
- Best Practices for Developing Blockchain and IoT Solutions