Your road to becoming a Java Ninja begins here!
- This book will teach you to build highly scalable, fast, and secure applications
- It covers major concepts introduced with the new long-term-release version of Java 18.9
- It will guide you with tools, techniques and best practices to enhance application development
Java 18.9 has been termed as a long-term release and its new features add to the richness of the language, one of the languages most used by developers to build robust software applications. Java 18.9 comes with a special emphasis on variable type inference, performance improvements, simplified multi-threading, improvements to lambda and more.
Fully updated to Java 18.9, this book stands to help any Java developer enjoy the richness of the Java programming language. The modern Java platform can be used to build robust software applications including enterprise-level applications and mobile applications. The Java platform has a special emphasis on modularity making this the programming platform of choice for millions of developers. This book is your one-stop guide to mastering the recent updates to the Java platform. You will be provided with detailed explanations of the recent features introduced in Java 9, Java 18.3, and Java 18.9. Some of the newest features of the Java platform are ground-breaking and, if you are an experienced programmer, you will be able to make your enterprise application leaner by learning these new features.
You will be provided with practical guidance on how to apply the new features and further information on future developments of the Java platform. This book will improve your development productivity and help you make your applications more efficient. After absorbing the content in this book, you are sure to become the "go-to" Java developer in your organization.
By the end of the book, you will have a great understanding of the Java platform and its recent changes.
By the end of the book, you'll not only know the important concepts of Modern Java SE, but you'll also have a nuanced understanding of the important aspects of programming with this great language.
What you will learn
- Learn how to write modular Java applications in terms of the newly introduced module system
- Learn how to migrate existing Java applications to modular ones
- Understand how does the G1 garbage collector work and how to use in order to leverage the performance of your applications now that it is used by default in the JVM
- Leverage the possibilities provided the newly introduced Java shell
- Learn how to performance test your application effective with the JVM harness that is included as the official Java benchmarking suite
- Learn how Java provides support for the HTTP 2.0 standard
- Learn how to use the new process API
- Learn about the additional enhancements and features provided by Java 9, 10, and 11
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted for experienced Java developers with good understanding of the Java language. If you are a novice Java developer, then this book might be a tough read for you - it is helpful to gain a solid understanding of the language basics first.