Hands-On Network Programming with C
Winkle, Lewis Van
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2019-05-15
- 售價: $1,300
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,235
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 478
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1789349869
- ISBN-13: 9781789349863
- Leverage your C or C++ programming skills to build powerful network applications
- Get to grips with a variety of network protocols that allow you to load web pages, send emails, and do much more
- Write portable network code for operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and macOS
Network programming, a challenging topic in C, is made easy to understand with a careful exposition of socket programming APIs. This book gets you started with modern network programming in C and the right use of relevant operating system APIs.
This book covers core concepts, such as hostname resolution with DNS, that are crucial to the functioning of the modern web. You'll delve into the fundamental network protocols, TCP and UDP. Essential techniques for networking paradigms such as client-server and peer-to-peer models are explained with the help of practical examples. You'll also study HTTP and HTTPS (the protocols responsible for web pages) from both the client and server perspective. To keep up with current trends, you'll apply the concepts covered in this book to gain insights into web programming for IoT. You'll even get to grips with network monitoring and implementing security best practices.
By the end of this book, you'll have experience of working with client-server applications, and be able to implement new network programs in C.
The code in this book is compatible with the older C99 version as well as the latest C18 and C++17 standards. Special consideration is given to writing robust, reliable, and secure code that is portable across operating systems, including Winsock sockets for Windows and POSIX sockets for Linux and macOS.
Lewis Van Winkle is a software programming consultant, entrepreneur, and founder of a successful IoT company. He has over 20 years of programming experience after publishing his first successful software product at age 12. He has over 15 years of programming experience with the C programming language on a variety of operating systems and platforms. He is active in the open-source community and has published several popular open-source programs and libraries-many of them in C. Today, Lewis spends much of his time consulting, where he loves taking on difficult projects that other programmers have given up on. He specializes in network systems, financial systems, machine learning, and interoperation between different programming languages.
- Introducing Networks and Protocols
- Getting to Grips with Socket APIs
- An In-Depth Overview of TCP connections
- Establishing UDP Connections
- Hostname Resolution and DNS
- Building a Simple Web Client
- Building a Simple Web Server
- Making Your Program Send Emails
- Loading Secure Web Pages with HTTPS and OpenSSL
- Implementing a Secure Web Server
- Establishing SSH Connections
- Network Monitoring and Security
- Socket Programming Tips and Pitfalls
- Web Programming for the Internet of Things
- Answers to Questions
- Setting Up Your C Compiler on Windows
- Setting Up Your C Compiler on Linux
- Setting Up Your C Compiler on macOS
- Example Programs