AWS for Solutions Architects: Design your cloud infrastructure by implementing DevOps, containers, and Amazon Web Services
Apply cloud design patterns to overcome real-world challenges by building scalable, secure, highly available, and cost-effective solutions
- Apply AWS Well-Architected Framework concepts to common real-world use cases
- Understand how to select AWS patterns and architectures that are best suited to your needs
- Ensure the security and stability of a solution without impacting cost or performance
One of the most popular cloud platforms in the world, Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers hundreds of services with thousands of features to help you build scalable cloud solutions; however, it can be overwhelming to navigate the vast number of services and decide which ones best suit your requirements. Whether you are an application architect, enterprise architect, developer, or operations engineer, this book will take you through AWS architectural patterns and guide you in selecting the most appropriate services for your projects.
AWS for Solutions Architects is a comprehensive guide that covers the essential concepts that you need to know for designing well-architected AWS solutions that solve the challenges organizations face daily. You'll get to grips with AWS architectural principles and patterns by implementing best practices and recommended techniques for real-world use cases. The book will show you how to enhance operational efficiency, security, reliability, performance, and cost-effectiveness using real-world examples.
By the end of this AWS book, you'll have gained a clear understanding of how to design AWS architectures using the most appropriate services to meet your organization's technological and business requirements.
What you will learn
- Rationalize the selection of AWS as the right cloud provider for your organization
- Choose the most appropriate service from AWS for a particular use case or project
- Implement change and operations management
- Find out the right resource type and size to balance performance and efficiency
- Discover how to mitigate risk and enforce security, authentication, and authorization
- Identify common business scenarios and select the right reference architectures for them
Who this book is for
This book is for application and enterprise architects, developers, and operations engineers who want to become well-versed with AWS architectural patterns, best practices, and advanced techniques to build scalable, secure, highly available, and cost-effective solutions in the cloud. Although existing AWS users will find this book most useful, it will also help potential users understand how leveraging AWS can benefit their organization.
Alberto Artasanchez is a solutions architect with expertise in the cloud, data solutions, and machine learning, with a career spanning over 28 years in various industries. He is an AWS Ambassador and publishes frequently in a variety of cloud and data science publications. He is often tapped as a speaker on topics including data science, big data, and analytics. He has a strong and extensive track record of designing and building end-to-end machine learning platforms at scale. He also has a long track record of leading data engineering teams and mentoring, coaching, and motivating them. He has a great understanding of how technology drives business value and has a passion for creating elegant solutions to complicated problems.
- Understanding AWS Cloud Principles and Key Characteristics
- Leveraging the Cloud for Digital Transformation
- Storage in AWS – Choosing the Right Tool for the Job
- Harnessing the Power of Cloud Computing
- Selecting the Right Database Service
- Amazon Athena – Combining the Simplicity of Files with the Power of SQL
- AWS Glue – Extracting, Transforming, and Loading Data the Simple Way
- Best Practices for Application Security, Identity, and Compliance
- Serverless and Container Patterns
- Microservice and Event-Driven Architectures
- Domain Driven Design
- Data Lake Patterns – Integrating Your Data across the Enterprise
- Availability, Reliability and Scalability Patterns
- Hands on Lab and Use Cases