Azure for Architects: Implementing cloud design, DevOps, containers, IoT, and serverless solutions on your public cloud, 2nd Edition
Create advanced data and integrated solutions using Azure Event Grid, functions, and containers
- Get familiar with the different design patterns available in Microsoft Azure
- Develop Azure cloud architecture and a pipeline management system
- Get to know the security best practices for your Azure deployment
Over the years, Azure cloud services have grown quickly, and the number of organizations adopting Azure for their cloud services is also gradually increasing. Leading industry giants are finding that Azure fulfills their extensive cloud requirements.
Azure for Architects – Second Edition starts with an extensive introduction to major designing and architectural aspects available with Azure. These design patterns focus on different aspects of the cloud, such as high availability, security, and scalability. Gradually, we move on to other aspects, such as ARM template modular design and deployments.
This is the age of microservices and serverless is the preferred implementation mechanism for them. This book covers the entire serverless stack available in Azure including Azure Event Grid, Azure Functions, and Azure Logic Apps. New and advance features like durable functions are discussed at length. A complete integration solution using these serverless technologies is also part of the book. A complete chapter discusses all possible options related to containers in Azure including Azure Kubernetes services, Azure Container Instances and Registry, and Web App for Containers.
Data management and integration is an integral part of this book that discusses options for implementing OLTP solutions using Azure SQL, Big Data solutions using Azure Data factory and Data Lake Storage, eventing solutions using stream analytics, and Event Hubs. This book will provide insights into Azure governance features such as tagging, RBAC, cost management, and policies.
By the end of this book, you will be able to develop a full-?edged Azure cloud solution that is Enterprise class and future-ready.
What you will learn
- Create an end-to-end integration solution using Azure Serverless Stack
- Learn Big Data solutions and OLTP–based applications on Azure
- Understand DevOps implementations using Azure DevOps
- Architect solutions comprised of multiple resources in Azure
- Develop modular ARM templates
- Develop Governance on Azure using locks, RBAC, policies, tags and cost
- Learn ways to build data solutions on Azure
- Understand the various options related to containers including Azure Kubernetes Services
Who this book is for
If you are Cloud Architects, DevOps Engineers, or developers who want to learn key architectural aspects of the Azure Cloud platform, then this book is for you.
Prior basic knowledge of the Azure Cloud platform is good to have.
Table of Contents
- Azure Getting started
- Azure Solution Availability and Scalability
- Security and Monitoring
- ARM Templates Modular Design and Implementation
- Cross Subscription, Resource Group Deployments using ARM templates
- Designing and Implementing Serverless Solutions
- Azure Integration Solutions
- Cost Management
- Designing Policies, Locks, and Tags
- Azure solution using Azure Container services
- DevOps on Azure with VSTS and Jenkins
- Azure OLTP solutions using Azure SQL sharding, pools and hybrid
- Azure Big Data solutions using Azure Data Lake storage, Data Lake Analytics and Data factory
- Azure Big Data eventing solutions using Azure Stream Analytic, Events Hubs
- Designing IoT Solutions