- A recipe-based guide to help you build effective administrative solutions
- Gain hands-on experience with the newly added features of PowerShell Core 6.1
- Manage critical business environments with professional scripting practices
PowerShell has announced their most updated version as PowerShell Core 6.1. It's not only the name that has changed but there are major alterations in the functionalities as well.
This book will follow a recipe-based approach and start off with an introduction to the fundamentals of PowerShell, and explaining how to install and run it through simple examples. Next, you will learn how to use PowerShell to access and manipulate data and how to work with different streams as well. You will also explore the object model which will help with regard to PowerShell function deployment. Going forward, you will get familiar with the pipeline in its different use cases. The next set of chapters will deal with the different ways of accessing data in PowerShell. You will also learn to automate various tasks in Windows and Linux using PowerShell Core, as well as explore Windows Server. Later, you will be introduced to Remoting in PowerShell Core and Just Enough Administration concept. The last set of chapters will help you understand the management of a private and public cloud with PowerShell Core. You will also learn how to access web services and explore the high-performance scripting methods.
By the end of this book, you will gain the skills to manage complex tasks effectively along with increasing the performance of your environment.
What you will learn
- Leverage cross-platform interaction with systems
- Make use of the PowerShell recipes for frequent tasks
- Get a better understanding of the inner workings of PowerShell
- Understand the compatibility of built-in Windows modules with PowerShell Core
- Learn best practices associated with PowerShell scripting
- Avoid common pitfalls and mistakes
Who This Book Is For
This book will be for windows administrators who want to enhance their PowerShell scripting skills to the next level. System administrators wanting to automate common to complex tasks with PowerShell scripts would benefit from this book. Prior understanding on PowerShell would be necessary.
Jan-Hendrik Peters is an automation and DevOps professional by day and a developer for the AutomatedLab framework by night.After working at an international retailer automating distributed POS support systems, he started working as a Premier Field Engineer for Microsoft Germany, where he helps customers automate their infrastructure on-premises and in the cloud.
When he is not working, he likes to spend his time brewing his own beer, curing his own bacon, and generally doing manual labor.