No-Nonsense Quantum Mechanics: A Student-Friendly Introduction,2E
Learning Quantum Mechanics doesn’t have to be hard
What if there was a way to learn Quantum Mechanics without all the usual fluff and mystification? What if there were a book that allowed you to see the whole picture and not just tiny parts of it?
Thoughts like this are the reason that No-Nonsense Quantum Mechanics now exists.
What will you learn from this book?
- Get to know the fundamental quantum features — grasp how different nature works at the level of elementary particles.
- Learn to describe Quantum Mechanics mathematically — understand the origin and meaning of the most important quantum equations: the Schrödinger equation + the canonical commutation relations.
- Master the most important quantum systems — read step-by-step calculations and understand the general algorithm we use to describe them.
- Get an understanding you can be proud of — learn why there are alternative frameworks to describe Quantum Mechanics and how they are connected to the standard wave description.
No-Nonsense Quantum Mechanics is the most student-friendly book on Quantum Mechanics ever written.
- First of all, it's is nothing like a formal university lecture. Instead, it’s like a casual conservation with a more experienced student. This also means that nothing is assumed to be “obvious” or “easy to see”.
- Each chapter, each section, and each page focusses solely on the goal to help you understand. Nothing is introduced without a thorough motivation and it is always clear where each equation comes from.
- The book contains no fluff since unnecessary content quickly leads to confusion. Instead, it ruthlessly focusses on the fundamentals and makes sure you’ll understand them in detail.
The primary focus on the readers’ needs is also visible in dozens of small features that you won’t find in any other textbook
- In total, the book contains more than 100 illustrations that help you understand the most important concepts visually.
- In each chapter, you’ll find fully annotated equations and calculations are done carefully step-by-step. This makes it much easier to understand what’s going on in.
- Whenever a concept is used that was already introduced previously there is a short sidenote that reminds you where it was first introduced and often recites the main points. In addition, there are summaries at the beginning of each chapter that make sure you won’t get lost.