Mobile Development with .NET - Second Edition: Build cross-platform mobile applications with Xamarin.Forms 5 and ASP.NET Core 5
A .NET developer's guide to leveraging .NET and C# skills for mobile development using Xamarin, Visual Studio 2019, and Azure
- Uncover the new features and capabilities of the .NET 5 framework in this updated and improved second edition
- Optimize the time required to develop highly performant cross-platform applications
- Understand the architectural patterns and best practices for mobile application development
The .NET 5 framework is a unified framework with capabilities that enable you to use Microsoft's developer ecosystem on a single platform. Xamarin, used for developing mobile applications, is one of the app model implementations for .NET Core infrastructure. This book will show you how to design, architect, and develop attractive, maintainable, and robust mobile applications for multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, and UWP using Xamarin, .NET Core, and Azure.
With the help of real-world scenarios, you'll explore different phases of application development using Xamarin, from environment setup, design, and architecture to publishing. Throughout the book, you'll learn how to develop mobile apps using Xamarin and .NET Standard. You'll even be able to implement a web-based backend composed of microservices with .NET Core using various Azure services including, but not limited to, Azure Active Directory, Azure Functions. As you advance, you'll create data stores using popular database technologies such as Cosmos DB and data models such as the relational model and NoSQL.
By the end of this mobile application development book, you'll be able to create cross-platform mobile applications that can be deployed as cloud-based PaaS and SaaS.
What You Will Learn:
- Discover the latest features of .NET 5 that can be used in mobile application development
- Explore Xamarin.Forms Shell for building cross-platform mobile UIs
- Understand the technical design requirements of a consumer mobile app
- Get to grips with advanced mobile development concepts such as app data management, push notifications, and graph APIs
- Manage app data with Entity Framework Core
- Use Microsoft's Project Rome for creating cross-device experiences with Xamarin
- Become well-versed with implementing machine learning in your mobile apps
Who this book is for:
This book is for ASP.NET Core developers who want to get started with mobile development using Xamarin and other Microsoft technologies. Working knowledge of C# programming is necessary to get started.