Cybersecurity Threats, Malware Trends, and Strategies
After scrutinizing numerous cybersecurity strategies, Microsoft's former Global Chief Security Advisor provides unique insights on the evolution of the threat landscape and how enterprises can address modern cybersecurity challenges.
- Protect your organization from cybersecurity threats with field-tested strategies by the former most senior security advisor at Microsoft
- Discover the most common ways enterprises initially get compromised
- Measure the effectiveness of your organization's current cybersecurity program against cyber attacks
Cybersecurity Threats, Malware Trends, and Strategies shares numerous insights about the threats that both public and private sector organizations face and the cybersecurity strategies that can mitigate them.
The book provides an unprecedented long-term view of the global threat landscape by examining the twenty-year trend in vulnerability disclosures and exploitation, nearly a decade of regional differences in malware infections, the socio-economic factors that underpin them, and how global malware has evolved. This will give you further perspectives into malware protection for your organization. It also examines internet-based threats that CISOs should be aware of.
The book will provide you with an evaluation of the various cybersecurity strategies that have ultimately failed over the past twenty years, along with one or two that have actually worked. It will help executives and security and compliance professionals understand how cloud computing is a game changer for them.
By the end of this book, you will know how to measure the effectiveness of your organization's cybersecurity strategy and the efficacy of the vendors you employ to help you protect your organization and yourself.
What you will learn
- Discover cybersecurity strategies and the ingredients critical to their success
- Improve vulnerability management by reducing risks and costs for your organization
- Learn how malware and other threats have evolved over the past decade
- Mitigate internet-based threats, phishing attacks, and malware distribution sites
- Weigh the pros and cons of popular cybersecurity strategies of the past two decades
- Implement and then measure the outcome of a cybersecurity strategy
- Learn how the cloud provides better security capabilities than on-premises IT environments
Who this book is for
This book is for senior management at commercial sector and public sector organizations, including Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and other senior managers of cybersecurity groups, Chief Information Officers (CIOs), Chief Technology Officers (CTOs) and senior IT managers who want to explore the entire spectrum of cybersecurity, from threat hunting and security risk management to malware analysis. Governance, risk, and compliance professionals will also benefit. Cybersecurity experts that pride themselves on their knowledge of the threat landscape will come to use this book as a reference.
Tim Rains worked at Microsoft for the better part of two decades where he held a number of roles including Global Chief Security Advisor, Director of Security, Identity and Enterprise Mobility, Director of Trustworthy Computing, and was a founding technical leader of Microsoft's customer facing Security Incident Response team. Currently, Tim is Amazon Web Services' Regional Leader, Security & Compliance Business Acceleration in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Tim lives with his wife Brenda and their two sons, Tristan and Liam, in London, England.
- Ingredients for a Successful Cybersecurity Strategy
- Using Vulnerability Trends to Reduce Risk and Costs
- The Evolution of the Threat Landscape – Malware
- Internet-Based Threats
- Cybersecurity Strategies
- Strategy Implementation
- Measuring Performance and Effectiveness
- The Cloud - A Modern Approach to Security and Compliance