C# 9 and .NET 5 - Modern Cross-Platform Development - Fifth Edition: Build intelligent apps, websites, and services with Blazor, ASP.NET Core, and Ent
Price, Mark J.
$1,188Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Unleashed, 3/e (Paperback)
In C# 9 and .NET 5 – Modern Cross-Platform Development, Fifth Edition, expert teacher Mark J. Price gives you everything you need to start programming C# applications.
This latest edition uses the popular Visual Studio Code editor to work across all major operating systems. It is fully updated and expanded with a new chapter on the Microsoft Blazor framework.
The book’s first part teaches the fundamentals of C#, including object-oriented programming and new C# 9 features such as top-level programs, target-typed new object instantiation, and immutable types using the record keyword. Part 2 covers the .NET APIs, for performing tasks like managing and querying data, monitoring and improving performance, and working with the file system, async streams, serialization, and encryption. Part 3 provides examples of cross-platform apps you can build and deploy, such as websites and services using ASP.NET Core or mobile apps using Xamarin.Forms.
By the end of the book, you will have acquired the understanding and skills you need to use C# 9 and .NET 5 to create websites, services, and mobile apps.
Mark J. Price is a Microsoft Specialist: Programming in C# and Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions, with over 20 years' experience. Since 1993, he has passed more than 80 Microsoft programming exams and specializes in preparing others to pass them. Between 2001 and 2003, Mark was employed to write official courseware for Microsoft in Redmond, USA. His team wrote the first training courses for C# while it was still an early alpha version. While with Microsoft, he taught "train-the-trainer" classes to get other MCTs up-to-speed on C# and .NET. Currently, Mark creates and delivers training courses for Episerver's Digital Experience Platform. Mark holds a Computer Science BSc. Hons. Degree and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
- Hello, C#! Welcome, .NET Core!
- Speaking C#
- Controlling Flow and Converting Types
- Writing, Debugging, and Testing Functions
- Building Your Own Types with Object-Oriented Programming
- Implementing Interfaces and Inheriting Classes
- Understanding and Packaging .NET Types
- Working with Common .NET Types
- Working with Files, Streams, and Serialization
- Protecting Your Data and Applications
- Working with Databases Using Entity Framework Core
- Querying and Manipulating Data with LINQ
- Improving Performance and Scalability with Multitasking
- Introducing Practical Applications of C# and .NET
- Building Websites Using ASP.NET Core Razor Pages
- Building Websites Using the Model-View-Controller Pattern
- Building Websites Using a Content Management System
- Building and Consuming Web Services
- Building Intelligent Apps Using Machine Learning
- Building Web User Interfaces Using Blazor
- Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps Using Xamarin.Forms
- Appendix A (Bonus Chapter)
- Appendix B (Bonus Chapter)