Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer Guide: Design, implement, manage, and secure a network architecture in Google Cloud
Ipsale, Maurizio, Gilioli, Mirko
- Gain hands-on experience in implementing VPCs, hybrid connectivity, network services, and security
- Establish a secure network architecture by learning security best practices
- Leverage this comprehensive guide to gain Professional Cloud Network Engineer certification
Google Cloud, the public cloud platform from Google, has a variety of networking options, which are instrumental in managing a networking architecture. This book will give you hands-on experience of implementing and securing networks in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
You will understand the basics of Google Cloud infrastructure and learn to design, plan, and prototype a network on GCP. After implementing a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), you will configure network services and implement hybrid connectivity. Later, the book focuses on security, which forms an important aspect of a network. You will also get to grips with network security and learn to manage and monitor network operations in GCP. Finally, you will learn to optimize network resources and delve into advanced networking. The book also helps you to reinforce your knowledge with the help of mock tests featuring exam-like questions.
By the end of this book, you will have gained a complete understanding of networking in Google Cloud and learned everything you need to pass the certification exam.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of Google Cloud architecture
- Implement and manage network architectures in Google Cloud Platform
- Get up to speed with VPCs and configure VPC networks, subnets, and routers
- Understand the command line interface and GCP console for networking
- Get to grips with logging and monitoring to troubleshoot network and security
- Use the knowledge you gain to implement advanced networks on GCP
Who this book is for
This Google Cloud certification book is for cloud network engineers, cloud architects, cloud engineers, administrators, and anyone who is looking to design, implement, and manage network architectures in Google Cloud Platform. You can use this book as a guide for passing the Professional Cloud Network Engineer certification exam. You need to have at least a year of experience in Google Cloud, basic enterprise-level network design experience, and a fundamental understanding of Cloud Shell to get started with this book.
Maurizio Ipsale was born in Messina (Italy) in 1978 where he graduated in Electronic Engineering at the age of 23 and obtained a Ph.D. degree. Passionate about the ICT world, his professional curriculum has been enriched with many certifications, in particular as an Instructor of official training courses, such as Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Amazon AWS, and Google Cloud. He delivers training courses all around the world on many state-of-the-art technologies, including Cloud, Networking, Machine Learning, DevOps, Data Engineering, Internet of Things, Kubernetes. He currently lives in Modena (Italy) with his wife Liliana and two children, Simone and Alessia, and is a "Training and Professional Service Engineer" at K Labs, an ICT training company. Mirko Gilioli was born in Reggio Emilia (Italy) in 1983 where he graduated as MSc in Computer Science and Engineering after spending one year in the USA as Research Assistant at the IHMC in Pensacola Florida. At the early age of 27 years old, he started the career of ICT Instructor at K Labs, an Italian company focused on ICT training services. Here, Mirko developed long training records in many technological areas including Networking and Cloud Technologies. He was awarded as Cisco Certified System Instructor (CCSI#35749) and Google Cloud Authorized Trainer. Mirko currently lives in Sassuolo (Italy) with his wife Fiorenza and his daughter Alessia and is still a passionate trainer at K Labs where delivers high-quality training services.
Table of Contents
- Google Cloud Platform Infrastructure
- Designing, Planning, and Prototyping a GCP Network
- Implementing a GCP Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring Network Services in GCP
- Implementing Hybrid Connectivity in GCP
- Implementing Network Security
- Managing and Monitoring Network Operations
- Advanced Networking in Google Cloud Platform
- Professional Cloud Network Engineer Certification Preparation