Design Innovative Robots with LEGO SPIKE Prime: Seven creative STEM robotic designs to challenge your mind
Discover how to use the LEGO SPIKE Prime kit and boost your confidence in robotics, coding, and engineering
- Get up and running with new parts not seen in previous LEGO kits
- Gain deeper insights into non-compatible sensors and components that work with all prior LEGO components and third-party elements
- Explore new features and experiment with new robot builds with LEGO's new coding platform
The new LEGO SPIKE Prime is one of the latest additions to the LEGO robotics line of products. This book will help you to enjoy building robots and understand how exciting robotics can be in terms of design, coding, and the expression of ideas.
The book begins by taking you through a new realm of playful learning experiences designed for inventors and creators of any age. In each chapter, you'll find out how to build a creative robot, learn to bring the robot to life through code, and finally work with exercises to test what you've learned and remix the robot to suit your own unique style. Throughout the chapters, you'll build exciting new smart robots such as a handheld game, a robotic arm with a joystick, a guitar, a flying bird, a sumobot, a dragster, and a Simon Says game.
By the end of this LEGO book, you'll have gained the knowledge and skills you need to build any robot that you can imagine.
What You Will Learn:
- Discover how the LEGO SPIKE Prime kit works, and explore its parts and the elements inside them
- Build and design robots that go beyond basic robotic designs
- Create interactive robots with the help of sensors
- Explore real-world robots and learn how to build them by yourself
- Find out challenging ways to remix build ideas with your own imagination and skills
- Develop coding skills using the Scratch programming interface
Who this book is for:
This book is for robot enthusiasts, LEGO lovers, hobbyists, educators, students, and anyone looking to learn about the new LEGO SPIKE Prime kit. The book is designed to go beyond the basic builds to intermediate and advanced builds, while also helping you to learn how to add your own personal touch to the builds and code. To make the most of this book, you'll need a basic understanding of build techniques, coding in block-based software environments, and weaving them together to create unique robot builds.