SAFe(R) for DevOps Practitioners: Implement robust, secure, and scaled Agile solutions with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
Discover how the DevOps approach with Scaled Agile Framework helps you develop and deliver high-quality, secured solutions with a reduced risk of production failures with this step-by-step guide
- Explore the five elements of the CALMR approach to avoid product development challenges
- Use value stream management to introduce systems thinking and flow for product development
- Demonstrate how the CD pipeline combines practices and technology to optimize your value stream
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in the PDF format
Product development and release faces overlapping challenges due to the combined pressure of delivering high-quality products in shorter time-to-market cycles, along with maintaining proper operation and ensuring security in a complex high-tech environment. This calls for new ways of overcoming these challenges from design to development, to release, and beyond. SAFe(R) for DevOps Practitioners helps you use a DevOps approach with the Scaled Agile Framework and details how value streams help you resolve these challenges using examples and use cases.
The book begins by explaining how the CALMR approach makes DevOps effective in resolving product development roadblocks. Next, you'll learn to apply value stream management to establish a value stream that enables product development flow, measure its effectiveness through appropriate feedback loops, and find ways of improving it. Finally, you'll get to grips with implementing a continuous delivery pipeline that optimizes the value stream through four phases during release on demand. This book complements the latest SAFe DevOps courses, and you'll find it useful while studying for the SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification.
By the end of this DevOps book, you'll have gained a clear understanding of how to achieve continuous execution and release on demand using DevOps and SAFe.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand the important elements of the CALMR approach
- Discover how to organize around value using value stream mapping
- Measure your value stream using value stream metrics
- Improve your value stream with continuous learning
- Use continuous exploration to design high-quality and secure features
- Prevent rework and build in quality using continuous integration
- Automate delivery with continuous deployment
- Measure successful outcomes with Release on Demand
Who this book is for:
This book is for IT professionals such as DevOps and DevSecOps practitioners, SREs, and managers who are interested in implementing DevOps practices using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) approach. Basic knowledge of DevOps and agile software development lifecycle and methodology will be helpful.
發現如何使用Scaled Agile Framework的DevOps方法來開發和交付高品質、安全的解決方案，並降低生產故障的風險，本書提供了逐步指南。
產品開發和發布面臨著重疊的挑戰，因為在較短的上市時間內交付高品質產品的壓力與在複雜的高科技環境中維護正常運作和確保安全性的壓力相結合。這需要從設計到開發、發布以及更多方面克服這些挑戰的新方法。《SAFe(R) for DevOps Practitioners》幫助您使用DevOps方法和Scaled Agile Framework，並通過示例和用例詳細介紹價值流如何幫助您解決這些挑戰。
本書首先解釋了CALMR方法如何使DevOps在解決產品開發障礙方面有效。接下來，您將學習應用價值流管理來建立價值流，實現產品開發流程，通過適當的反饋循環測量其效果並找到改進方法。最後，您將深入了解如何在按需發布期間通過四個階段實施連續交付流程，從而優化價值流。本書與最新的SAFe DevOps課程相輔相成，您在學習SAFe DevOps Practitioner（SDP）認證時會發現它很有用。
本書適合IT專業人士，如DevOps和DevSecOps從業人員、SRE和經理，他們有興趣使用Scaled Agile Framework（SAFe）方法實施DevOps實踐。具備DevOps和敏捷軟件開發生命周期和方法論的基本知識將有所幫助。