The Clojure Workshop
Fahey, Joseph, Haratyk, Thomas, McCaughie, Scott
You already know you want to learn Clojure, and a smarter way to learn Clojure is to learn by doing. The Clojure Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can write clean, expressive code with a language that is great for applications where concurrency and interoperability with the JVM are a priority. You'll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The Clojure Workshop, you'll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understanding Clojure. You won't have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you're short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day or spend an entire weekend learning about Clojure web development with Ring. It's your choice. Learning on your terms, you'll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical print copy of The Clojure Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you'll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive content updates. You'll even earn a secure credential that you can share and verify online upon completion. It's a premium learning experience that's included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your Clojure book.
Fast-paced and direct, The Clojure Workshop is the ideal for Clojure beginners. You'll build and iterate on your code like a software developer , learning along the way. This process means that you'll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
- Learn about Clojure fundamentals like functional programming
- Understand and implement common Clojure patterns and best practices
- Explore Clojure’s testing infrastructure and the clojure.test library
- Build a client-server application with Clojure and ClojureScript
- Learn how to debug and resolve errors and exceptions
- Explore Ring – Clojure's interface and library for building web applications
- Ideal for the Clojure beginner who is getting started for the first time
- A step-by-step Clojure tutorial with exercises and activities that help build key skills
- Structured to let you progress at your own pace, on your own terms
- Use your physical print copy to redeem free access to the online interactive edition