Understand how to set up, configure, and use Azure Sentinel to provide security incident and event management services for your environment
- Secure your network, infrastructure, data, and applications on Microsoft Azure effectively
- Integrate artificial intelligence, threat analysis, and automation for optimal security solutions
- Investigate possible security breaches and gather forensic evidence to prevent modern cyber threats
Azure Sentinel is a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool developed by Microsoft to integrate cloud security and artificial intelligence (AI). Azure Sentinel not only helps clients identify security issues in their environment, but also uses automation to help resolve these issues. With this book, you’ll implement Azure Sentinel and understand how it can help find security incidents in your environment with integrated artificial intelligence, threat analysis, and built-in and community-driven logic.
This book starts with an introduction to Azure Sentinel and Log Analytics. You’ll get to grips with data collection and management, before learning how to create effective Azure Sentinel queries to detect anomalous behaviors and patterns of activity. As you make progress, you’ll understand how to develop solutions that automate the responses required to handle security incidents. Finally, you’ll grasp the latest developments in security, discover techniques to enhance your cloud security architecture, and explore how you can contribute to the security community.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to implement Azure Sentinel to fit your needs and be able to protect your environment from cyber threats and other security issues.
What you will learn
- Understand how to design and build a security operations center
- Discover the key components of a cloud security architecture
- Manage and investigate Azure Sentinel incidents
- Use playbooks to automate incident responses
- Understand how to set up Azure Monitor Log Analytics and Azure Sentinel
- Ingest data into Azure Sentinel from the cloud and on-premises devices
- Perform threat hunting in Azure Sentinel
Who this book is for
This book is for solution architects and system administrators who are responsible for implementing new solutions in their infrastructure. Security analysts who need to monitor and provide immediate security solutions or threat hunters looking to learn how to use Azure Sentinel to investigate possible security breaches and gather forensic evidence will also benefit from this book. Prior experience with cloud security, particularly Azure, is necessary.
Richard Diver has over 25 years' international experience in technology with a deep technical background in cloud security, identity management, and information security. He works at Insight as the lead for Cloud Security Architecture, working with top partners across the industry to deliver comprehensive cloud security solutions. Any spare time he gets is usually spent with his family.
Gary Bushey is an Azure security expert with over 25 years of IT experience. He got his start early on when he helped his fifth-grade math teacher with their programming homework and worked all one summer to be able to afford his first computer, a Commodore 64. When he sold his first program, an apartment management system, at 14 he was hooked. During his career, he has worked as a developer, consultant, trainer, and architect. When not spending time in front of a computer, you can find him hiking in the woods, taking pictures, or just picking a direction and finding out what is around the next corner.
- Getting Started with Azure Sentinel
- Azure Monitor - Log Analytics
- Managing and Collecting Data
- Threat Intelligence Integration
- Using the Kusto Query Language (KQL)
- Creating Useful Queries
- Creating Analytic Rules
- Introduction to Using Workbooks
- Incident Management
- Hunting and Forensics Gathering
- Creating Playbooks and Logic Apps
- ServiceNow Integration
- Operational Tasks for Azure Sentinel
- Constant learning and community contribution