Full-Stack React Projects - Second Edition: Learn MERN stack development by building modern web apps using MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js
- Build your career as a full-stack developer with this practical guide
- Understand how the different aspects of a MERN application come together through a series of practical projects
- Master the MERN stack by building robust social media, E-commerce store, and web-based VR game apps
Full-Stack React Projects will take you through the process of preparing the development environment for MERN stack-based web development, creating a basic skeleton app, and extending it to build six different web apps. You'll build apps for social media, classrooms, media streaming, online marketplaces with real-time bidding, and web-based games with virtual reality features. Throughout the book, you'll learn how MERN stack web development works, extend its capabilities for complex features, and gain actionable insights into creating MERN-based apps, along with exploring industry best practices to meet the ever-increasing demands of the real world.
By the end of this React book, you'll be able to build production-ready MERN full-stack apps using advanced tools and techniques in modern web development.
What you will learn
- Extend a basic MERN-based application to build a variety of applications
- Add real-time communication capabilities with Socket.IO
- Implement data visualization features for React applications using Victory
- Develop media streaming applications using MongoDB GridFS
- Improve SEO for your MERN apps by implementing server-side rendering with data
- Implement user authentication and authorization using JSON web tokens
- Set up and use React 360 to develop user interfaces with VR capabilities
- Make your MERN stack applications reliable and scalable with industry best practices
Who this book is for
Shama Hoque has more than 9 years of experience as a software developer and mentor, with a master's in software engineering from Carnegie Mellon University.
Currently, she makes web-based prototypes for R&D start-ups in California, while training aspiring software engineers and teaching web development to CS undergrads in Bangladesh.
- Unleashing React Applications with MERN
- Preparing the Development Environment
- Building a Backend with MongoDB, Express, and Node
- Adding a React Frontend to Complete MERN
- Growing the Skeleton into a Social Media Application
- Building a Web-Based Classroom Application
- Exercising MERN Skills with an Online Marketplace
- Extending the Marketplace for Orders and Payments
- Adding Real-Time Bidding Capabilities to the Marketplace
- Integrating Data Visualization with an Expense Tracking Application
- Building a Media Streaming Application
- Customizing the Media Player and Improving SEO
- Developing a Web-Based VR Game
- Making the VR Game Dynamic Using MERN
- Following Best Practices and Developing MERN Further