Symfony 1.3 Web Application Development
Tim Bowler, Wojciech Bancer
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2009-09-24
- 售價: $1,660
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,577
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 228
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1847194567
- ISBN-13: 9781847194565
Design, develop, and deploy feature-rich, high-performance PHP web applications using the Symfony framework
- Create powerful web applications by leveraging the power of this Model-View-Controller-based framework
- Covers all the new features of version 1.3 – many exciting plug-ins for you
- Learn by doing without getting into too much theoretical detail – create a "real-life" milkshake store application
- Includes best practices to shorten your development time and improve performance
With its flexible architecture, the Symfony framework allows you to build modern web applications and web services easily and rapidly. The MVC components separate the logic from the user interface and therefore make developing, changing, and testing your applications much faster. Using Symfony you can minimize repetitive coding tasks, optimize performance, and easily integrate with other libraries and frameworks.
Although this framework contains with many powerful features, most developers do not exploit Symfony to its full potential.
This book makes it easy to get started and produce a powerful and professional-looking web site utilizing the many features of Symfony. Taking you through a real-life application, it covers all major Symfony framework features without pushing you into too much theoretical detail, as well as throwing some light on the best practices for rapid application development.
This book takes you through detailed examples as well as covering the foundations that you will need to get the most out of the Symfony framework. You will learn to shorten the development time of your complex applications and maintain them with ease. You will create several useful plug-ins and add them to your application and automate common tasks. The book also covers best practices and discussions on security and optimization. You will learn to utilize all major features of this framework by implementing them in your application.
What you will learn from this book?
- Set up the foundations for a database-driven web site using Symfony
- Create a list of products by accessing data from a database, paginate the menu, and then customize its look
- Create forms—from simple contact forms to complex ones—with user-defined fields using sfFormExtraPlugin
- Send email notifications to the customers using PHP SwiftMailer library
- Create quick development task plug-ins to save your development time and package them into your application
- Configure and customize Symfony's admin generator to create a nice looking back-office
- Secure your backend application with the Symfony authentication mechanism, leveraging the power of the sfGuardPlug-in security and authentication plug-in
- Enhance your search mechanism by using the JQueryAutoComplete Widget to add an auto-complete feature to it
- Allow your users to choose their preferred language for display by introducing internationalization and localization to your application
- Integrate a component from another framework into your application with minimum effort
- Optimize the response time of your site by using compression and caching