Papervision3D Essentials (Paperback)
Paul Tondeur, Jeff Winder
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2009-09-03
- 售價: $1,575
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,496
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 428
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1847195725
- ISBN-13: 9781847195722
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
售價: $800Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 Resource Kit
貴賓價: $393UI 功夫:PC和APP接口設計全流程圖解
貴賓價: $322可用性測試手冊（第2版）(Handbook of Usability Testing, 2/e)
售價: $743HTML5: Designing Rich Internet Applications, 2/e (Paperback)
Create interactive Papervision 3D applications with stunning effects and powerful animations
- Build stunning, interactive Papervision3D applications from scratch
- Export and import 3D models from Autodesk 3ds Max, SketchUp and Blender to Papervision3D
- In-depth coverage of important 3D concepts with demo applications, screenshots and example code.
- Step-by-step guide for beginners and professionals with tips and tricks based on the authors' practical experience
In DetailPapervision3D is a powerful real-time 3D engine for Flash. Papervision3D can take externally created 3D models and render them as Flash content, without requiring end-users to download or install an additional plug-in. It has an outstanding reputation within the Flash community and its ease of use has even impressed experienced 3D game developers. However, getting started with Papervision3D can be daunting and mastering it can be challenging. This book guides you through the easiest way to tackle challenges that you may normally face with Papervision3D and master them effectively.
The book will show you how to build Papervision3D applications from scratch in the easiest way, providing plenty of examples that make sense even if you're not a Flash expert. Papervision3D Essentials serves as a comprehensive guide to getting you started, as well as being an invaluable reference for every Papervision3D user and developer. By the end of this book you will be able to create your own projects with real-time 3D rendering.
Since the first release of Papervision3D in 2007, the authors have been involved in various commercial projects with Papervision3D, building up a deep understanding of the engine. In Papervision3D Essentials, the authors share their knowledge to help you create stunning 3D content in Flash and teach you how to work with one of the most exciting open-source Flash projects around. Papervision3D Essentials shows you how to download Papervsion3D and make it work in Flash, Flash Builder and Flex Builder. It provides a short introduction to Object Oriented Programming and classes for those who are new to non-timeline programming. Then, it takes a closer look at the engine, discussing a broad range of topics from how to work with built-in 3D objects to using and animating cameras, 3D objects, and light. Applying materials and textures, using filters and effects, particles and performance optimizations are also covered. Ultimately, this book will provide you with the information you need to build your first Papervision3D application. Covering the basics, but by no means limited to beginners, Papervision3D Essentials provides a thorough explanation of the engine and numerous tips and tricks, making it a valuable resource for every Papervision3D user.
What you will learn from this book?
- Download, install, and configure your tools for creating Papervision3D applications
- Employ the document class in Flash, Flash Builder and Flex Builder and use 3D objects as the building blocks for a basic application
- Learn what materials are and the differences between the available material types, from simple images to movie clips and streaming video
- Create outstanding effects by implementing different camera types and tricks
- Discover the workflow of exporting models from Autodesk 3ds Max, SketchUp, and Blender into Papervision3D
- Optimize the performance and quality of your applications to get the best possible performance
- Enhance your applications by creating interactive 3D text, 3D vector shapes, and particles
- Get a deep understanding of important 3D concepts
This book is a step-by-step guide, which starts at an easy level for beginners and then gradually works to more advanced topics bit-by-bit. It covers code examples explained in detail and also a number of demos, which illustrate theoretical concepts. This book can also be used as a reference guide by readers who have already mastered Papervision3D.
Who this book is written for?
This book is aimed at readers who want to get started with Papervision3D. The book is also aimed at Flash and 3D developers wanting to extend and amplify their existing development skills, empowering them to build new types of applications. The book assumes that you have some experience with ActionScript 3.0, but you do not have to be familiar with classes and Object Oriented Programming; an introduction on these topics is included.