Kohana 3.0 Beginner’s Guide
Jason D. Straughan
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2011-08-26
- 售價: $1,586
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,507
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 344
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 184951240X
- ISBN-13: 9781849512404
Develop professional web applications with Kohana.
- The first and only book on the Kohana 3 PHP framework.
- Covers all major areas needed to begin developing web applications with Kohana
- Covers complete development cycle from installation to deployment
- Easy to follow instructions that help you build a working example application during the course of the book
Modern web development relies heavily on the ability to rapidly create applications that are reliable, maintainable, and scalable. The PHP-based Kohana framework has proven to be one of the best platforms for delivering professional quality applications using a stable framework that allows you to build great web properties while leveraging a rapid development architecture that is both powerful and intuitive.
Kohana 3 Beginner's Guide is the first and only book in the market for learning about this popular and powerful open-source PHP framework. Written with the beginner in mind, this book walks you through installation and configuration, then uses a case study site to deliver real world solutions to common web development needs.
Beginning with the installation and configuration of the framework, you are guided through the steps necessary to get up and running, and are quickly introduced to the basics of Kohana.
Using a case study site as an example, the book illustrates core components of Kohana while showing elegant solutions to real world tasks developers face every day. From working with forms to databases, interacting with users to deploying applications in the wild, everything is covered in simple, easy to understand examples.
By the end of this book you will have mastered the core tasks needed to build great web applications using
A step-by-step guide to creating professional web applications using the Kohana framework.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the HMVC architecture
- Learn Routing and Requesting handling in Kohana
- Create modules for extending your applications
- Interact with the Database and ORM classes to provide an object- oriented way of manipulating data
- Create helper classes to make your code fast to write and easy to use.
- Troubleshoot and debug your Kohana application
- Implement security and deployment best practices
- Migrate from Kohana 2.x or CodeIgniter
This book follows the Beginner's Guide approach, taking the reader from introduction to the framework through a working case study site. The text offers many examples of working code, and builds an entire test project during the course of the book. Although the chapters lend themselves to consecutive reading, you can pick up the book at any chapter without missing a beat.
Who this book is written for
If you are a web developer who wants to create web applications using the Kohana 3 framework, then this book is for you. The book assumes that you have some experience with PHP and Object- Oriented Programming (OOP).