Magento 1.4 Theming Cookbook
Jose Argudo Blanco
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2011-08-14
- 售價: $1,392
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,322
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 200
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849514240
- ISBN-13: 9781849514248
Over 40 recipes to create a fully functional, feature rich, customized Magento theme
- Create rich, fully featured themes in easy to follow steps
- Customize and localize your themes to make them sellable
- Step-by-step recipes to help you solve problems related to Magento theming
Magento is the fastest growing PHP-based ecommerce solution. It is a professional, polished application that can be extended or customized with PHP code. Magento theming is a very interesting topic but it can be difficult to get the hang of.
Magento 1.4 Theming Cookbook is like a toolbox for building Magento themes. Thanks to its cookbook approach, the recipes found in this book can be applied in almost any Magento theme.
This book will help you to create a Magento theme using recipes in a step-by-step approach. Although you can dive into any individual recipe, the cookbook is organized in a way that will help beginners learn Magento theming by doing. More advanced users can refer to just the recipes that will be useful to them. You will learn how to add sliders, Cufon font replacements, social media, lightbox, and much more!
What you will learn from this book
- Explore Magento theming, layouts, templates, inheritance, and all you need to work with Magento theming.
- Search, download, install, and modify existing themes, so you can start working with your Magento installation at once.
- Create your own theme from the ground up; add breadcrumbs, toplinks, a mini cart, a main menu, and all the items necessary to make a Magento theme.
- Use Cufon in your theme, create sliders, modify the lightbox, and add social media sharing icons.
- Create a simple module, a featured products module, and later modify it to create a most sold products module.
- Localize your themes and also make them multicurrency, and translate images and menus.
- Pack your theme and get ideas of where to sell it
This book is written in a cookbook style. This means that you will find its contents divided into recipes, which can be used separately. Throughout the book you will follow detailed examples from start to finish. From a photoshop PSD to a Magento theme, you will do everything step by step, with easy to follow instructions. You already have a Magento theme which you need to modify? Just go to the recipe you need
Who this book is written for
If you are a designer or programmer who wants to create excellent Magento themes, quickly and easily, this book is for you. No special knowledge of Magento or PHP is required, though some html and CSS experience will be helpful.