Drupal 7 Views Cookbook
J. Ayen Green
- Brand new recipe examples using the all new Views 3 UI
- A wide variety, including multi-display and programmatic views
- Easy-to-follow recipes with plenty of screenshots and demonstrations
Fully revised and updated for 2016, Drupal 7 Views Cookbook allows you to bypass most of the Views' learning curve and quickly take advantage of the capabilities of the Views module to select and present your Drupal content through step-by-step instructions for quickly developing dozens of useful views.
Starting with a brief introduction to Views, Drupal 7 Views Cookbook takes you through recipes for elementary views, such as displaying randomly selected content, to intermediate views, such as customizing links, to advanced views providing multiple interacting displaysof content on the same page. Along the way, there are recipes for theming views, creating a view in your code, creating a custom view handler, administering views, and finally, using some other modules related to the Views module. Most recipes are standalone, so pick them in any order!
Don't limit your site with dull presentation of content in last-in-first-out order. Empower your site visitors with the recipes that Drupal 7 Views Cookbook delivers!
What you will learn
- Present menu choices for categorized subsets of your content
- Create blocks containing interesting lists or randomly selected images
- Link multiple content types to provide more complete information
- Display complementary content in additional displays
- Design a desktop-like page driven by user input
- Deliver a view from inside a custom module
- Manipulate the templates to add pizzazz to your views
- Administer your views with confidence
About the Author
J. Ayen Green
J. Ayen Green (@accidentalcoder, theAccidentalCoder.com) has developed software since inventing the abacus, and has created websites since [insert name du jour] created the Web. He is a writer and columnist of sorts, a poet of metered sorts, husband, father, friend, and rascal (in the nicest possible way). When not plugged in, Green enjoys nature, dogs, horses, and other critters, riding his Harley, kayaking, spicy food, the arts, and other cultures. He and his wife, Sofía-Aileen, reside in New York City.
Table of Contents
- Modifying Default Views
- Basic Custom Views
- Intermediate Custom Views
- Creating Advanced Views
- Theming Views
- Programmatic Views
- But Wait - There's More