Liferay Portal Systems Development (Paperback)
Jonas X. Yuan
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2011-01-19
- 售價: $2,310
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,195
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 546
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849515980
- ISBN-13: 9781849515986
Build dynamic, content-rich and social systems on top of Liferay
- Use Liferay tools to create your own Java applications, with hands-on examples
- Customize Liferay portal using the JSR-286 portlet, extension environment, and Struts framework
- Build your own Social Office with portlets, hooks and themes, and manage your own community
Liferay portal is one of the most mature portal frameworks in the market, offering many key business benefits that involve personalization, customization, and workflow. If you are a Java developer who wants to build custom web sites and intranet applications using Liferay portal, this book is all you need.
Liferay Portal Systems Development shows Java developers how to use Liferay as a framework to develop custom intranet systems which will help you to maximize your productivity gains. Get ready for a rich, friendly, intuitive, and collaborative end-user experience!
The clear, practical examples in the sample application that runs throughout this book will enable professional Java developers to build custom web sites, portals, and intranet applications using Liferay portal as a framework. You will learn how to make all of your organization's data and web content easily accessible by customizing Liferay into a single point of access. The book will also show you how to improve your inter-company communication by enhancing your intranet so that you can share content with colleagues.
What you will learn from this book
- Work with the JSR-286 portlets, helping you to build larger applications and reuse portlets in different scenarios
- Build basic and advanced MVC portlets with permissions and a set of actions helping you to build enterprise-ready Java web applications
- Use Ext plugins and Hooks, allowing you to perform custom actions on your portal
- Manage images, documents, and records using the Image Gallery, Document Library, and record management.
- Build online content and forms using the WYSIWYG editors, Custom Attributes, assets tagging and classification, and the Dynamic Data List
- Create a collaborative and social API complete with Ratings, Comments, Subscriptions, Collaboration, and Open Social Gadgets
- Improve your portal with indexing, search and workflow.
- Use the common API for monitoring and auditing, tracking, scripting, reporting, messaging, and more, helping you to build dynamic web sites smoothly
This book focuses on teaching by example. Every chapter provides an overview, and then dives right into hands-on examples so you can see and play with the solution in your own environment.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Java developers who don't need any prior experience with Liferay portal. Although Liferay portal makes heavy use of open source frameworks, no prior experience of using these is assumed.