Microsoft Silverlight 5 Building Rich Enterprise Dashboards
Snyder Todd, Matthew Duffield, Jeffrey Smith, Joel Eden
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2011-09-18
- 售價: $1,570
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,492
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 288
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849682348
- ISBN-13: 9781849682343
• With this book and e-book, learn how to create, customize and design rich enterprise dashboards with Silverlight
• Move from scenarios to requirements by applying user-centered design best practices
• Discover the tips, tricks and hands on experience to create, customize and design
rich enterprise dashboards with Silverlight from a distinguished team of User Experience and Development authors
Microsoft Silverlight is a powerful development platform for creating rich media applications and line of business applications for the web and desktop. Silverlight enables you to create, customize and design rich enterprise dashboards that highlight Key Performance Indicators for your business.
Microsoft Silverlight 5: Building Rich Enterprise Dashboards is a concise and practical tutorial that shows you how to create, customize and design rich enterprise dashboards with Silverlight.
This book provides real world user experience design topics and starts by providing an overview of the Silverlight Platform and the clear advantages it provides for building dashboards. The book then dives into topics such as Silverlight design and development tools, building a basic Dashboard, Dashboard types and user needs, Designing for Insight, Styling, Building an End to End Dashboard Solution and Data Access Strategies amongst others.
What you will learn from this book
• Learn how to create custom user controls, reference resources, and edit basic control templates
• Build an end-to-end dashboard solution
• Learn how to use Microsoft Expression Blend to style a dashboard
• Explore the different types of dashboards, and learn how to choose the most appropriate dashboard type based on your project goals
• Discover and represent user needs and scenarios as a basis for dashboard design, using user experience best practices
• Understand how to determine between the different data access strategies (SOAP, REST, and OData)
• Host and use Silverlight WebParts and the SharePoint Client Object Model
This book is a concise and practical tutorial that shows you how to create, customize and design rich enterprise dashboards with Silverlight.
Who this book is for
If you are a .Net developer who wants to create, customize and design rich enterprise dashboards with Silverlight, then this book is for you. You should have an intermediate understanding of .Net development, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Silverlight.