Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 Cookbook
Gaspare A. Silvestri
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-01-14
- 售價: $1,700
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,615
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 354
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849685045
- ISBN-13: 9781849685047
Implement a fully featured XenDesktop 5.6 architecture in a rich and powerful VDI experience configuration
- Real-world methodologies and functioning explanations about the XenDesktop 5.6 architecture and its satellite components used to perform a service-oriented architecture.
- Learn how to publish desktops and applications to end user devices, optimizing their performance and increasing the general security.
- Step-by-step guide on how to install and configure the XenDesktop 5.6 architecture to access and use the published virtual resources.
The way people work is changing; users need to access their resources anywhere, on any device. Citrix XenDesktop gives you this flexibility. In this Cookbook, you will learn how Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 and related products are powerful and flexible enough for you to publish your resources - Desktops, Applications and contents - wherever and on whatever device you choose.
This Cookbook will allow you to be able to make the most out of Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 by having a centralized and step-by-step advanced guide to implement, configure, and optimize the migration from a physical to a VDI architecture, using the latest release of the Citrix XenDesktop suite.
"Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 Cookbook" covers the installation, security, and architectural components of the XenDesktop infrastructure, including Web Interface, Access Gateway, and XenApp, using a flow through the book which will bring you to the final advanced Powershell configuration tasks. Each task will include a theoretical section to discuss the technologies. Chapters cover the infrastructural components, deployment for the desktop virtual machines, creating and installing platforms like Branch repeater, desktop and application deployment, and integration through XenDesktop, XenApp, and Microsoft App-V. At the end you will be able to provide secure, performing, and structured XenDesktop infrastructures.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the core infrastructural components, their modality, and how to use them with the two main types of architectures, MCS and PVS
- Optimize and deploy the desktop virtual machines, creating them under the hypervisor’s market and tuning them to the best configurations .
- Install and configure the collateral platforms in order to be able to increase the level and performance of the architecture.
- Execute the most advanced activities in the VDI environment, tuning and securing the Citrix farm, and using technologies such as Citrix Access Gateway and the Citrix Powershell modules.
- Integration of application publishing with your desktop architecture.
- Log the activities for troubleshooting operations.
- Perform configurations from the command line
This Cookbook style offers techniques and skills through recipes, with step-by-step instructions for developers who want to use XenDesktop 5.6 to maximize their control and performance. A Packt Cookbook is written so it can be read and worked through chapter by chapter or you can dive in and out, doing the recipes in the order that suits you best.