Getting PowerShell to serve you even more effectively is simplified with this guide to advanced administration. Automating repetitive daily tasks and streamlining processes is demonstrated with real-world examples and screenshots.
- Discover and understand the concept of Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Learn the advanced topics and techniques for a professional PowerShell scripting.
- Explore the secret of building custom PowerShell snap-ins and modules.
- Take advantage of PowerShell integration capabilities with other technologies for better administration skills
- Step-by-step guide rich with real-world script examples, screenshots, and best practices
Technology’s growing rhythm is running faster than before, and business needs are getting more complex every day. So, it is time to learn something new to help conquer the challenge. With PowerShell in your toolbox, you can easily perform many tasks with less time, effort, and cost. PowerShell is a helpful scripting technology that enables the automation of system management tasks and the creation of system management tools .
"PowerShell 3.0 Advanced Administration Handbook" comes with a set of real-world scenarios and detailed scripts that will help you get started with PowerShell, learn what PowerShell is, how to write the syntax, and build your scripts, and how to use and integrate PowerShell with different technologies, products, and tools.
This handbook starts with the essential topics of PowerShell, then introduces the new features in PowerShell 3.0. The book then goes through building PowerShell scripts, function, and developing extensions like snap-ins and modules, and continues with detailed examples showing the usage of PowerShell with different technologies and products to give you an idea of PowerShell usage in the real world.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn Windows PowerShell 3.0 new features and enhancements.
- Learn PowerShell syntax and grammar such as pipeline, looping, and working with objects.
- Extend PowerShell capabilities with .NET framework, XML, WMI, and COM+.
- Configure and deploy Windows Server Core features, services, and components.
- Manage and configure the Microsoft virtualization platform, Hyper-V.
- Manage and configure Unified Communication environments such as Exchange Server and Lync Server.
- Manage and configure Collaboration and Data platforms such as SharePoint Server and SQL Server.
- Manage and configure Cloud technologies such as Office’365, Windows Azure, and SQL Azure.
- Explore PowerShell in real-world scenarios, problems, and solutions.
- PowerShell tips and tricks and best practices.
This book is a collection of selected real-world scenarios, detailed solutions, and screenshots.
Who this book is written for
If you are a system administrator who wants to automate repeated daily tasks and perform complex administration requirements in a timely manner with less effort, then this is the book for you.
In order to get the maximum benefit of this book you need to have some basic scripting knowledge and good administration experience