Instant Windows Powershell 3.0 Windows Management Instrumentation Starter
Brenton J.W. Blawat
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
Explore new abilities of Powershell 3.0 to interact with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) through the use of the new CIM cmdlets and realistic management scenarios
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create CIM sessions to local and remote systems
- Execute WMI queries using Windows Remote Management
- Learn industry standard scripts to interact with workstation and server systems
PowerShell and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provide you with the ability to remotely manage systems. Whether it is viewing available disk space, or starting an executable remotely, PowerShell 3.0 WMI provides limitless options for scripting the management of systems.
"Instant Windows Powershell 3.0 Windows management instrumentation starter" follows industry standard scripting techniques, utilizing new powerful Cmdlets, to manage different aspects of an operating system and provides practical examples for managing your systems.
You will learn how to create, verify, and terminate new Cmdlets that were introduced with PowerShell 3.0 and apply this new knowledge to real world management scenarios. It will provide detailed information about the structure of WMI, and the best ways to get, set, and execute items on a system, both locally and remotely.
You will also learn how to create, verify, and terminate new CIM sessions using the available Cmdlets. You will also learn how to search CIM classes for available properties and methods, create a new instance of a class, get an existing instance of an existing class, get an associated instance of a class, and remove an instance of a class. Finally, you will learn how to remotely execute code on a system using WMI.
Instant Windows Powershell 3.0 Windows management instrumentation starter will provide you with the ability to fully utilize Windows Management Instrumentation through the use of a variety of new Cmdlets introduced with PowerShell 3.0.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the background of Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Integrate WMI with PowerShell 3.0 with the use of CIM Cmdlets
- Install Windows Management Framework 3.0
- Create, verify, and terminate new remote management sessions
- View the associated classes to an instance
- Invoke a method for remote code execution
- Explore a software deployment scenario leveraging PowerShell and WMI
- Discover common systems maintenance activities that can be performed with PowerShell and WMI
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. If you're a keen administrator who wishes to learn more about Windows Management Instrumentation and the use of Cmdlets, then this book is the perfect Starter guide for experienced professionals. This book combines an easy-to-learn approach with practical examples using the powerful Powershell 3.0 in Windows.
Who this book is written for
This book is great for system administrators who would like to learn how to remotely manage systems utilizing PowerShell 3.0. It is assumed that you already have experience with previous versions of PowerShell but the book will provide easy-to-learn, practical examples of how to use the new features included in PowerShell 3.0.