Enhance your knowledge of Windows PowerShell and get to grips with its latest features
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Understand new CMDLETs and parameters with relevant examples
- Discover new module functionality such as CIM, Workflow, DSC, and so on
- Acquaint yourself with enhancements to PowerShell remoting, PowerShell sessions, and desire state configuration
Windows PowerShell has become a booming scripting language over the last couple of years. It has extensive support with an ample number of vendor products, providing a standardized platform for automation and administration. It has massive support for all Microsoft products which creates a layer that can easily automate everything. In the latest version, the PowerShell team has introduced much more functionality with thousands of CMDLETs, part of various modules.
This book is a quick reference guide to enable you to get the most out of the latest Windows PowerShell techniques. In this book, you will find new enhancements in the latest version of PowerShell with some helpful examples. This book enables you to quickly move from older versions of PowerShell to Version 3.0 and Version 4.0.
This practical, example-oriented book helps you to overcome the difficulty of using and discovering CMDLETs by providing precise information about everything that has been newly introduced in the latest version of Windows PowerShell. It also focuses on the new configuration management system with the help of DSC as a new feature of Windows PowerShell v4.0.
You will learn how to use the newly introduced CMDLETs and parameters to perform daily routine tasks. You will also learn how to administer the servers remotely and maintain persistent sessions to provide continuity. You will gain an insight into writing efficient scripts by using various parameters, snippets, and workflows to gain more productivity. You will also be introduced to various modules like CimCmdlets, PSScheduledJob, PSDesiredStateConfiguration, and so on in order to enhance your scripts with the latest instrumentation. Finally this book will make you aware of the capabilities of PowerShell v4.0 and how to fully leverage the functionality introduced in the new version.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore extensive help files and update them regularly
- Discover techniques on type less and perform more
- Get to grips with various parameters, keeping real scenarios in mind
- Operate and export the data and focus on object type conversion
- Understand the standard procedure to maintain PowerShell sessions to gain productivity
- Master advanced remoting techniques by using various unleashed parameters
- Build workflows and snippets to build efficient scripts quickly
- Focus on new module introduction like CimCmdlets, PSScheduledJob, and so on
- Pick up tips and tricks as and when required to advance your scripting skills
- Learn to handle the configuration management system by using the latest version of Windows PowerShell
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. This book has a recipe-based approach that will introduce all the commands of Windows PowerShell to the readers and give them a detailed insight as to how to use them.