This book is designed specifically to prepare you for the Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer Certification exam (1Z0-803). Totally focused and user-friendly, it provides all the essential theoretical and practical skills required. .
- In-depth understanding of Java through the examination of objects and methods
- Extensive code examples and figures to illustrate key concepts in Java SE 7 including memory usage
- Additional coverage of good programming and design practices as they relate to the certification objectives
- Step-by-step coverage of certification exam topics in a simplified and easy-to-learn manner
Java SE 7 Associate Programmer certification adds to your qualification as a Java developer. Knowledge of Java is important, but knowing how to write an efficient and productive code adds to your skills and gives you an edge when you are planning to give the certification exam. Coverage of the objectives goes beyond a simple review of certification objectives.
"Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer Certification Guide addresses certification exam objectives and provides discussion and examples to show the best ways of applying Java language features in real world programming. You will gain in-depth understanding of Java by examining how objects are allocated in the heap and how methods are managed in the program stack.
"Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer Certification Guide" covers all of the Java SE 7 Associate Programmer certification objectives. It starts with a high level overview of an application's structure to provide a framework for subsequent chapters. Chapters are organized around common themes with emphasis on memory usage. You will get an in-depth and complete understanding of the run-time Java environment using the illustrations that show the impact of class and method usage on the program stack and heap.
Augmenting the coverage of certification objectives are examples of how you can use the classes, methods, and techniques in a productive and sound manner. In addition, sample exam questions are given in each chapter.
What you will learn from this book
- Understanding the program structure and the scope and lifetime of variables
- Managing the stack and the heap in Java run-time system
- Supporting string operations using the StringBuilder class
- Using control constructs including if, switch, for and while statements
- Declaring and using one and two dimensional arrays
- Understanding inheritance and the use of polymorphism including how to overload and override methods
- Controlling access to class members using access modifiers
- Handling exceptions within a program
- Understanding and applying good programming techniques to build your applications
Each objective is addressed using a series of programming examples. When the topic impacts memory, stack and heap illustrations are used to provide the reader with a more in depth understanding of the topic. At the end of each chapter, a series of sample questions are provided to reinforce your knowledge.
Who this book is written for
This book is designed to help you prepare for the Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer Certification exam (1Z0-803) and gain confidence in your understanding and use of Java. Basic knowledge of Java programming is expected.