Instant Team Foundation Server 2012 and Project Server 2010 Integration How-to
Gary P. Gauvin
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-03-11
- 售價: $890
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $846
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 54
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849688540
- ISBN-13: 9781849688543
Successfully perform and understand how to integrate your Team Foundation Server 2012 and Project Server 2010
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn to plan and successfully implement your Team Foundation Server and Project Server integration.
- Easily install or upgrade your Team Foundation Server extensions for Project Server.
- Understand and implement permissions to ensure security
Easily perform fundamental management of integration
Developers and project managers managing large software development projects often find themselves at odds during the course of a project. This usually ends with the developers feeling they are wasting time sending status updates, and the project managers feeling that they aren’t getting all the information they need to satisfy stakeholders. It doesn't have to be that way!.
Instant Team Foundation Server 2012 and Project Server 2010 Integration How-to, is a practical format that walks you through what you need to know to get two of Microsoft’s most popular products for managing team productivity integrated. We boil down the complex parts to deliver just what you need to know to get started today.
The book takes you through the planning, setup, and configuration of Team Foundation Server Extensions for Project Server. Step-by-step instructions are provided with enough detail to get you started without burdening you with a ton of background information.
Learn the basics of how to manage the integration as well as a few helpful tips on establishing a test environment, and the basics of how to integrate these server-based technologies.
You will learn everything you need to know to get started with planning, installing, and managing the integration.
What you will learn from this book
- Plan a successful hassle free integration.
- Perform step-by-step integration tasks.
- Initiate the integration right the first time with the correct permissions.
- Set up your environment quickly without it taking days.
- Evade integration hang ups that frequently catch the uninformed.
- Learn basic management of the integration.
- Determine if the integration is working properly.
- Become competent at commanding critical syntax and examples.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.The How-to style is a very practical book which will take the reader through the process of garnering a basic understanding of TFS and Project Server with practical tutorials and recipes.
Who this book is written for
This book is for users who want to integrate TFS 2012 and Project Server 2010. Readers are expected to know some basic Windows Server commands and account management, and have administrative access to the servers being configured..