Microsoft Team Foundation Server Cookbook
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-01-29
- 定價: $1,800
- 售價: 8.9 折 $1,600
- 貴賓價: 8.4 折 $1,520
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 340
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1784391050
- ISBN-13: 9781784391058
Over 80 hands-on recipes for scrum teams to enable continuous delivery of software using Team Foundation Server 2015
About This Book
- Release high quality, reliable software quickly through building, testing, and deployment automation
- Improve the predictability, reliability, and availability of TFS in your organization by scheduling administration and maintenance activities
- Extend, customize, and integrate tools with TFS, enabling your teams to manage their application lifecycles effectively
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at developers and configuration analysts who want to understand the capabilities of Team Foundation Server to deliver quality software faster. A working set up of Team Foundation Server 2015 and some familiarity with TFS or the concepts of software lifecycle management is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Create a team project from a customized process template
- Merge multiple team projects into one team project
- Set up a Git-based and TFVC-based code repository in TFS
- Report progress when using the Scaled Agile Framework in TFS
- Add a new field to the work item template and report on that field
- Use TFS REST API to programmatically retrieve all the revisions on a specific work item
- Export test artefacts from the test hub in team web access
- Create a continuous integration build with Build vNext
- Use Visual Studio Onlines load testing capability with Build vNext
- Customize and extend the capabilities of Team Foundation Server to meet your needs
Team Foundation Server allows you to manage code repositories, build processes, test infrastructure, and deploy labs, all while easily collaborating and reporting status. Team Foundation Server supports your team, enabling you to connect, collaborate, and deliver on time. Microsoft s approach to Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) provides a flexible and agile environment that adapts to the needs of your team, removes barriers between roles, and streamlines processes so that you can focus on delivering high quality software faster and more efficiently. In a world where software development is increasingly critical to business success, the ALM principles embodied by Team Foundation Server are more relevant than ever.
The main goal of this book is to educate software development teams to the capabilities of Team Foundation Server 2015 that make the job of delivering quality software easier, faster, and more fun.
The book begins with an introduction to creating and setting up team projects for scrum teams. From there, you ll explore various source control repositories, branching, and merging activities along with a demonstration of how to embed quality into every code check-in. As you progress further, you ll discover agile project planning and management tools that enable you to plan, track, and report on your product backlogs and sprints.
The examples covered in this book show you how to advance from continuous integration to continuous deployment and delivery of software. In the latter half of the book, emphasis is given to testing and release management features of TFS that facilitate the automation of the release pipeline to create potentially shippable increments, sprint over sprint. In the final chapters, you ll learn to extend and customize TFS plugins to incorporate them into other platforms and enable teams to manage the software life cycle effectively.