Instant VMware View Virtualization How-to
Ramesh Geddam, Prasenjit Sarkar
A practical guide to getting started with virtualization using VMware View
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Implement virtualization on Windows 8
- Learn details that are not available in the VDI documentation of VMware View
- Learn about the advanced features of VMWare View 5.x
Virtualization is the single most effective way to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility, not just for large enterprises, but for small and midsize businesses too. VMware View helps you set up the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) across multiple environments.
Instant VMware View Virtualization How-to is a practical implementation guide for Basic, Advanced, and Expert users that provides step-by-step explanations with the help of screen captures. It also explores some of the problems you face on a day-to-day basis when working with VMware View. This book is also very useful for users who are planning to implement a VDI solution in their environment.
Instant VMware View Virtualization How-to is a complete reference guide to VMWare View 5. It helps you to plan and understand the new topics and features of VMware View 5. It is useful for testing and implementation practices of VDI. The book covers details that are not available in the VDI documentation of VMware View. This book helps you understand the problems that you will face with VMware View using practical scenarios, and you will also learn how to fix them. This book would help you become an expert on VMware View 5 within a short span of time.
What you will learn from this book
- Testing Windows 8 with VMware View
- Performance tuning for better delivery of desktops
- Accessing View Desktops from Android, IOS, and Linux
- Performing USB Redirections with VMware View
- Managing replica disks in better fashion
- Selecting the best ThinClient devices
- Using Space Efficient Sparse Disks
- Integrating ThinApp with VMware View
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks.This is a Packt Instant How-to guide, which provides concise and clear recipes for getting started with setting up the VDI in different environments.
Who this book is written for
Instant VMware View Virtualization How-to is for architects, solution providers, consultants, engineers, and anyone planning to design and implement a solution based on VMware View 5.