Getting Started with XenDesktop 7.x
Craig Thomas Ellrod
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-04-24
- 售價: $1,690
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,606
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 422
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849689768
- ISBN-13: 9781849689762
Deliver desktops and applications to your end users, anywhere, anytime, with XenDesktop®7.x
- Build a complete and secure XenDesktop 7 site from the ground up.
- Discover how to virtualize and deliver accessible desktops and applications to your end users.
- Full of clear, step-by-step instructions with screenshots, which will walk you through the entire process of XenDesktop site creation.
Citrix® is an established name in today's Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) era by virtue of their desktop and application virtualization platforms, with the capability to assign applications and contents in a secure manner.
Getting Started with XenDesktop® 7.x provides the best way to learn how to build your own virtual desktop and application Site. You may not have a lot of time to read the Citrix® documentation, or attend a class, so this step-by-step guide is distilled into fast, concise chapters to quickly lead you through all of the important information to get your XenDesktop® 7.x deployment done.
What you will learn from this book
- Create a completely functioning VDI implementation
- Manage XenDesktop® using Studio, including machine catalogs, delivery groups, and Personal vDisks
- Customize user sessions using policies
- Learn how printing and USB redirection work and how to configure them
- Explore High Definition User Experience (HDX) and how it affects usability
- Deliver virtual applications with VM hosted apps
- Plug in to the different XenDesktop® services using the XenDesktop® SDK
- Use the Citrix® Receiver® to receive and run the virtual desktop on the client device
- Manage and monitor XenDesktop® using Studio and Director
- Secure the XenDesktop® Site using the NetScaler Gateway
- Build and deliver VDI from the cloud
This is a step-by-step, task-based, practical guide to learning and getting your basic XenDesktop 7.x site up and running. It is fast, easy, and makes learning desktop and application virtualization simple.