Core Data iOS Essentials
Knowing Core Data gives you the option of creating data-driven iOS apps, and this book is the perfect way to learn as it takes you through the process of creating an actual app with hands-on instructions.
- Covers the essential skills you need for working with Core Data in your applications.
- Particularly focused on developing fast, light weight data-driven iOS applications.
- Builds a complete example application. Every technique is shown in context.
- Completely practical with clear, step-by-step instructions.
What you will learn from this book
- Get a solid grasp of what Core Data is and how it works
- Build full featured data driven applications for iOS devices
- Design appropriate data models to fit your app's needs
- Make your app's data easily searchable
- Display your data in an attractive, flexible way
The book follows an unfolding example app, exploring the features and principles of Core Data as they are added to the app. The book is full of step-by-step instructions, clear explanations, and useful quick reference material.
Who this book is written for
If you've already explored iOS development and maybe even dabbled with Core Data, this book will set your data-driven application development on a firm footing.
Core Data is the essential ingredient in data driven iOS apps. It's used for storing, retrieving, and manipulating application data in databases, XML, and binary formats. It's an essential component for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad apps.
Core Data Essentials provides a clear, readable guide to the most useful aspects of Core Data. Built around a realistic example app, the book showcases the most important aspects of Core Data development in the context of a complete, functioning app written in Objective C.
The book starts with a tour of how the app works. Then you'll see how to easily display data using the Table View. You'll learn how to develop an appropriate data model that fits the needs of your app, then implement that model as updatable data objects. You'll see how to update data and build relationships between objects and learn how Core Data can work with search, and how to provide your users with friendly data editing features.