- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create user-friendly, interactive maps for desktop and mobile platforms
- Deploy maps for desktop and mobile platforms
- Add tiles, WMS, GeoJSON, custom markers with popups, and standard and custom controls to your maps
- Create an interactive choropleth map
You will also learn how to add dynamic responsive features to your maps through the use of tiles, WMS, GeoJSON, custom markers with popups, interactive vector objects, and standard controls, as well as custom ones. Furthermore, preparing to deploy on mobile and using the location of the device will be explained in detail.
Everything you need to know about Leaflet to create great maps, from a basic slippy map to a colorful, animated, interactive, choropleth map, will be explained in this book.
What you will learn from this book
- Setting up a development environment
- Building Leaflet from source
- Creating tile layers
- Deploying on mobile
- Using location
- Creating custom markers with popups
- Handling events
- Using layer groups
- Displaying a map’s controls
- Using GeoJSON to create vector map objects
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This How-to guide offers techniques and skills through recipes. The guide is packed with step-by-step instructions for anyone who wants to learn to design and deploy interactive maps to their application
Who this book is written for