Present your data in the clearest, most engaging way possible by harnessing the visualization power of MATLAB. With a host of practical recipes and step-by-step instructions, this book is the fast-track to stunning results.
- Customizations used in the visualization recipes are made into functions for easy integration into your data analysis workflow
- Recipes are cross-referenced with MATLAB product pages and MATLAB Central File Exchange resources for improved coverage
- Includes hand created indices to find exactly what you need; such as application driven, or function driven
What you will learn from this book
- Jumpstart your first MATLAB plot
- Say more with legends, annotations, labels, different layouts and color
- Overlay images and data on maps
- Make movies with map data and create stream particle animations
- Strengthen your knowledge of standard graph types and learn new advanced types
- Fix the resolution and format before employing the Publish command
- Common mistakes that people make and how to avoid them
- Visualization best practices illustrated with easily adaptable code
- What strategy to use to best display a given type of data
"MATLAB Graphics and Data Visualization Cookbook" will serve as your handbook in recipe format with ample screenshots. Each independent recipe will help you in achieving target-oriented solutions to your problems with concise explanation.
Who this book is written for
For those who are already using MATLAB for their computational needs but need to also harness its powerful visualization capabilities.
MATLAB's customizable graphics elements allow you to tailor your visualizations for exactly what you need to present; alter the figure and axis properties, lighting, transparency and camera position. Use MATLAB to apply volume visualizations to your data as well as interactivity and animation, or to plot your data in 1, 2, 3 and higher data dimensions
"MATLAB Graphics & Data Visualization Cookbook" will serve as your handbook to help you know the right graphic to showcase your data and teach you how to create it in clear step-by-step instructions.
Tasks range from simple graphs using built-in MATLAB commands, to complex functions making frequently used customizations easy to implement.
Learn about the key customizable elements in MATLAB graphics starting from figure and axis property settings, color, lighting, transparency and camera positioning to strategies for more advanced data visualization including adding interactivity and animation. Finish with recipes on presentation and publication.
Learn the techniques and easily customize the recipes to apply to your datasets.