- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-12-13
- 售價: $1,560
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,482
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 282
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849693587
- ISBN-13: 9781849693585
Novice tester or expert, the 110+ recipes in this book are structured to be useful across all levels. Use them to increase your knowledge of TestComplete and ultimately master this incredibly versatile tool.
- Learn to produce easily modifiable and maintainable scripts
- Customize convenient and optimal launches of created tests
- Explore TestComplete's possibilities and advantages through illustrative examples and code implementations
TestComplete is an automated testing tool, designed for advanced and novice testers alike, to create, manage and run tests for any desktop, Web or rich client software. It does not depend on any development tool, or application type. Your tests will work fine with any application regardless of whether it was created in C#, C++, Delphi, Java, or any other development language. TestComplete is the most efficient tool of its kind, in regards to the price and quality of the product.
This guide takes a refined approach towards quickly learning the capabilities of TestComplete, using relevant illustrations and practical examples. Each example is consonant with true-to-life situations, which testers would come across sooner or later, while automating tests. With the help of these examples, we will look into complex themes and learn how to test web applications in the most effective manner.
Throughout the first chapters, we will be dealing with some fairly simple tasks that are of interest to people new to TestComplete, gradually moving towards advanced-level automation approaches, which are riveting both for novices and experienced TestComplete users.
We will explore various methods of tests creation for study (e.g. recording, modification and manual coding with use of different approaches), learn test creation using different methods(each of them being suitable for a specific use-case), learn how to distinguish between different methods for accessing controls elements, selecting a most appropriate approach for each of the cases in view. We will also undertake distributive testing for the sake of shortening the overall time for test launches.
This practical guide will help you to answer frequently asked questions relating to automation testing and set the tone for the correct direction of your advancements, which are instrumental to organizing automation in your project.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to install and provide appropriate settings for TestComplete
- Record, modify, and manual code scripts
- Learn to create keyword tests by the automation specialists
- Customize effective launches of the tests (including distributed launching on several computers)
- Learn to debug scripts, and search and correct errors
- Discover how to work with desktop applications and web-applications
- Understand how to use log formatting and log generation in a proper format
- Get to grips with how to work with non-standard controls elements
A practical cookbook, with a perfect package of simple, medium, and advanced recipes targeted at basic programmers as well as expert software testers, who will learn to create, manage, and run automated tests. It is packed with problem-solving recipes that are supported by simple examples.