Learn to create Augmented Reality applications in no time using the Appcelerator Titanium Framework
- Create an open source Augmented Reality Titanium application
- Build an effective display of multiple points of interest.
- Learn to calculate distances between points of interest.
- Understand how to effectively and cleanly move the points of interest as the device rotates
Titanium Mobile has quickly become the platform of choice for many mobile developers and is growing and changing at a rapid rate. From the implementation of CommonJS, Cloud Services, MVC design patterns and more, the last year in Titanium development has been a roller coaster of change for the better. Augmented Reality is a hot area for mobile applications and this book along with the augmentedTi open source application will give a great start to all augmented applications..
This book will show you how to build an Augmented Reality application, which is clean, efficient and usable. It shows how to hide the processing from the user and build a display which updates and rotates smoothly.
Mobile devices have got more powerful, but they still have limitations. Augmented Reality applications test these devices to breaking point and without the correct coding techniques make the applications unresponsive and cumbersome.
This book gives a solution, which will enable you to build an effective application, and is accompanied by a complete working application and source code. It's essential for anybody who is creating a multiple points of interest augmented reality application. It shows how to build this type of application efficiently and takes into consideration the devices limitations and processing capabilities
What you will learn from this book
- Getting current location of devices
- Obtaining and displaying the data relevant to the current location
- Calculating the distance between two points
- Scaling images based on distance
- Titanium common JS application architecture
- Handling device processing limitations
- Understanding the pitfalls in developing Augmented Reality applications
It's a quick start tutorial to help you get started with creating Augmented Reality applications and acquainting yourself with essential aspects of creating AR applications using the Appcelerator Titanium Framework. The instructions are clear with easy to follow examples.
Who this book is written for
This book is for anybody who wishes to understand how to build an Augmented Reality Application. It uses the Appcelerator Titanium mobile development framework, but the techniques and practices can be applied to other frameworks and native code.