Instant OpenNMS Starter
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-06-29
- 售價: $760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $722
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 60
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849695768
- ISBN-13: 9781849695763
A short, fast, and focused guide on OpenNMS that delivers immediate results
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn something new with OpenNMS in an instant
- Be the first to know when network issues arise through notifications
- Easily discover nodes on your network and start monitoring right away
OpenNMS is an enterprise-grade network monitoring platform built following the open source model by a strong community of professional network operators. It is proven to scale to hundreds of thousands of nodes and rivals even the best proprietary competing products in terms of features. Equally, it is well suited to manage small network infrastructures with relative ease, which makes it an ideal choice from the start.
Instant OpenNMS Starter helps you get to grips with OpenNMS, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. It aims to make network and systems administration more exciting and inspires you to use this professional grade system in your own unique ways.
At a time when the number of technology start-ups is increasing at an exciting rate, Instant OpenNMS Starter is the ideal introduction to a tool that will help you maintain the highest possible level of service.
This book provides a lot in a very short amount of space. You will be given everything you need to get started with a reasonably secure installation. In minutes, you will be monitoring as little or as many nodes on your network as you wish.
You will be armed with the knowledge and inspiration necessary to take network management to the next level.
What you will learn from this book
- Find out how to benefit from using OpenNMS with little effort right from the start
- Learn how you can extend the capabilities of OpenNMS through the use of SNMP
- Tune OpenNMS to your specific network monitoring needs
- Generate custom reports for the technical team, management, or clients
- Chart performance data for your important services or any other network metric
- Learn to configure thresholds, alarms, and notifications
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A starters' guide to learning OpenNMS with ease, with a focus on immediate results.
Who this book is written for
Instant OpenNMS Starter is for network administrators of any level with a slight focus on the novice that would enjoy a swift glance at what OpenNMS has to offer. It assumes the reader will have knowledge of basic network operations and protocols such as the Internet Protocol Suite.