Instant PageSpeed Optimization
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-08-31
- 售價: $910
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $865
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 62
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849697329
- ISBN-13: 9781849697323
Optimize your website to make it faster by enhancing its speed, traffic, and bandwidth using practical and hands-on recipes
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Optimize website using HTML standard protocols
- Enhance user response by minimizing HTTP requests
- Optimize images using CSS sprites and minify scripts
PageSpeed is an important aspect of web design and site management. It is a Google measure of how well the site performs to technical measurements. PageSpeed can be measured using Google’s own tool or a browser plugin. It is used to score sites in indices, and is important from a UI view as it forms a large part of the success of your site.
Instant PageSpeed Optimization is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear, step-by-step exercises, which will help you to take advantage of the real power that is behind web optimization techniques, and give you a good grounding in using it in your websites.
The book explores topics like HTML standards used for optimization, minifying scripts, and taking care of images, and solves the common errors that users do unknowingly. It will take you through a number of clear, practical recipes that will help you to take advantage of all the possible technologies to make your websitess efficient, fast, and accurate. You will not only learn basic standards to optimize your websites, but you will also learn some advanced level methods such as Apache handling, Flush methods, making AJAX cacheable, setting up browser caches, and reducing image size using CSS sprites.
If you want to take advantage of all the necessary methods to make your website faster and efficient, then this book is a must-have.
What you will learn from this book
- Make your websites much faster by minimizing HTTP requests
- Reduce bandwidth using the Content Delivery Network
- Learn to set up CSS sprites
- Make your website at least twice as fast using Apache mod_pagespeed
- Make Ajax cacheable
- Set up caches to serve contents faster
- Make your websites W3C compliant by following proper HTML standards
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Instant PageSpeed Optimization is a hands-on guide that provides a number of clear, step-by-step exercises for optimizing your websites for better performance and improving their efficiency.
Who this book is written for