Matthew Nohr, Isaac Rabinovitch
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-11-22
- 售價: $1,030
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $979
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 86
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 184969818X
- ISBN-13: 9781849698184
Getting to grips with the AppFog service is easily achieved with this hands-on guide, which walks you through creating and deploying applications to the cloud. You'll be developing your first application in minutes.
- Create applications from scratch using the AppFog web console
- Learn the knack of deploying applications to the Cloud using AppFog
- Know the steps to avoid compatibility issues using the node module function of AppFog.
AppFog is the leading platform-as-a-service provider of PHP, Ruby, Node.js, and Java solutions. It is used by developers worldwide to deploy tens of thousands of applications. AppFog delivers a reliable, scalable, and fast platform for deploying applications in the cloud.
This book is a hands-on guide that will walk you through creating and deploying applications to the cloud using AppFog, which will allow you to get your application deployed without the hassle of setting up servers.
This book demonstrates how to use the AppFog service to build an application and have it running in the Cloud. It will walk you through the initial AppFog setup process and explain how to create your first application in minutes.
You will also discover how to use services such as databases to make your applications more powerful. You will also learn how to create applications from scratch.
You will find out everything you need to know to get an application running in the cloud for the first time.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up an account on AppFog
- Download your application from the cloud so that you can make updates
- Upload new versions of your application
- Modify your application to use a database hosted by AppFog
- Use the AppFog command line tools including a reference guide to all the command line options
This book is a practical, hands-on guide to implementing and deploying apps on the AppFog platform.
Who this book is written for
Implementing AppFog is for developers who want to be able to upload applications to the cloud, and for implementation specialists, who implement and deploy apps on the AppFog platform. It is best to have Ruby installed, but we will walk you through the installation process if you do not already have it. It would be ideal to have some knowledge of cloud computing and know about the basics of database and network deployment.