Discover the new features of Java EE 7 and learn to put them together to build a large-scale application
- Explore changes brought in by the Java EE 7 platform
- Master the new specifications that have been added in Java EE to develop applications without any hassle
- Quick guide on the new features introduced in Java EE7
For several years, the development of robust, scalable, and secured applications was a headache for software companies. They had to use proprietary solutions with non-standard methods. With Java EE, many of these solutions have been standardized, simplified, adapted to the needs of the developer, and made freely available to the community. Thus, it is now possible to develop truly robust, secure, and scalable applications at a lower cost using tools such as: Eclipse, NetBeans, and GlassFish.
Java EE 7 First Look is a practical guide which, through the creation of an online pre-registration website, will introduce you to the novelties of Java EE 7 and give you ideas for utilizing them.
Giving you an insight on new features introduced in Java EE 7, this book begins with the objectives of Java EE 7 and then covers the new specifications added in Java EE 7. Next, you will move on to the improvements made in APIs and EJBs and how to work with them. You will also learn how to ensure that the quality of data is maintained that has been manipulated by your application and gives you the opportunity to put a small part of AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming) in action.
Finally, the book will give you some ideas to realize n-tier applications using the Java EE platform and will also provide some guidance for the integration of your Java EE application to heterogeneous systems with which your application will interact.
After reading Java EE 7 First Look, you'll have a good idea about the changes brought in by Java EE 7, as well as how to make the best use of these to build a large-scale application.
What you will learn from this book
- Put together the Java EE 7 APIs in order to realize applications
- Solve integration problems with heterogeneous systems
- Secure Java EE 7 applications
- Explore the usefulness of some major Java EE specifications
- Learn how to implement large processes in the Java EE 7 environment
- Discover a good alternative to XML for data exchange
An easy-to-follow guide to reveal the new features of Java EE 7 and how to efficiently utilize them.
Who this book is written for
Given the main objectives pursued, this book targets three groups of people with a knowledge of the Java language. They are:
- Beginners in the Java EE platform who would like to have an idea about the main specifications of Java EE 7
- Developers who have experimented with previous versions of Java EE and who would like to explore the new features of Java EE 7
- Building architects who want to learn how to put together the various Java EE 7 specifications for building robust and secure enterprise applications