Improving your productivity by making the most of Java EE 7's capabilities is made easy and practical with this book. It's the perfect guide to developing RESTful Services utilizing powerful new technologies.
- Learning about different client/server communication models including but not limited to client polling, Server-Sent Events and WebSockets.
- Efficiently use WebSockets, Server-Sent Events, and JSON in Java EE applications
- Learn about JAX-RS 2.0 new features and enhancements
- Improve scalability with asynchronous processing
As the technology landscape moves focus towards smaller devices, the need for building scalable, flexible, lightweight, and real-time communications-based applications grows. HTML 5 and Java EE 7 provide a new synthesis of technologies that demonstrate tremendous scope and potential in areas of device independence, asynchronous communication, interoperability, and portability.
Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0, WebSockets, and JSON is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with clear and pragmatic information to take advantage of the real power behind HTML5 and Java EE technologies. This book also gives you a good foundation for using them in your applications.
Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0, WebSockets, and JSON looks at the different HTML5-based Java EE 7 API, and takes a deep dive into the individual areas of technologies to cover basic to advanced concepts, and also provides best practices for each API. You will also learn how to build a REST-based Event Notification Application using the Twitter API, tying all the different technologies together that we will cover. You will also take a look at integrating different Java EE APIs to build a Library Application. If you want to take advantage of using the new HTML5 technologies and Java EE 7 platform, then this is the book for you. You will learn everything you need to know to build portable RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS 2.0, Web Sockets, JSON, and Server-Sent Events.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop RESTful Web Services using the JAX-RS 2.0 API
- Understand Security and Fault tolerance with WebSockets and ServerSentEvents
- Produce, parse, and manipulate JSON data with the help of JSON-P API
- Cover best practices in building applications with WebSockets, ServerSentEvents, and JAX-RS 2.0
- Learn the aspects of asynchronous programming to improve scalability
Written as an easy and practical guide, this book is a crash course on using JAX-RS 2.0, JSON, and WebSockets to develop RESTful services.
Who this book is written for
Developing RESTful Services with JAX-RS 2.0, WebSockets, and JSON is a perfect reading source for application developers who are familiar with Java EE and are keen to understand the new HTML5-related functionality introduced in Java EE 7 to improve productivity. To take full advantage of this book, you need to be familiar with Java EE and have some basic understanding of using the GlassFish application server.