Hack Proofing Your Web Applications
Syngress, Jeff Forristal
- 出版商: Syngress
- 出版日期: 2001-06-18
- 定價: USD $49.95
- 售價: $199
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 608
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1928994318
- ISBN-13: 9781928994312
The Complete Guide to Developing Secure Web Applications
As a developer, the best possible way to focus on security is to begin to think like a hacker. Examine the methods that hackers use to break into and attack Web sites and use that knowledge to prevent attacks. You already test your code for functionality; one step further is to test it for security-attempt to break into it by finding some hole that you may have unintentionally left in.
1. Stop hackers by thinking like one. Master the steps to hack your own Web site and anticipate various types of attacks.
2. Avoid becoming a code grinder. Learn the steps to think creatively when coding.
3. Understand the risks associated with mobile code. Read about the ways mobile code affects client-side security and see how to make your mobile code trustworthy.
4. Write secure CGI scripts. Understand the advantages of CGI scripts and learn the rules for writing secure scripts.
5. See how to efficiently trace through a program. Now you'll understand how to review the different types of programs and to scan for vulnerabilities.
6. Develop security-enabled applications. Master the basics of PKI and see how to apply it to secure Web applications.
7. Build safe ActiveX Internet controls. Learn the methodology for writing and securing safe ActiveX controls
8. Secure all your code. Learn to write secure code for XML, ColdFusion, Java, and more!
9. Work with a security plan Follow the steps to examine your code and be aware of vulnerabilities.
10. Register for your 1-year upgrade. The Syngress Solutions upgrade plan protects you from content obsolescence and provides monthly mailings, whitepapers, and more!
Includes Syngress Wallet CD!
Julie Traxler - Technical Editor